Disney wedding advice needed please!

emmio_0123

Original Poster
Hello,
We are in the stages of planning our august 2016 wedding with us all family and friends coming from the uk. I am hoping for a disney wedding however do we gavd to stay on disney property as we wouldn't be we would all have villas?
Thank you for any help advice you can give
Emma xxx

Sweet Melissa

I believe that in order to book an event through Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, there is a minimum number of nights you (or a combination of you and your guests) must stay on property. The number of nights varies depending on the wedding package you're booking. You may be able to have that requirement waived, though.

How many people are planning to attend?

TXDisney

We had 80 guests at our disney wedding. Most of the guests were from out of town, I'd say 60/80 guests were traveling from NY and Texas. My parents have a timeshare so most the guests stayed there off site, but friends stayed on site. Most stayed at Port Orleans riverside, others were scattered. Depends how much people wanna spend. But disney does like to have a # of guests staying on site! but they do it by nights stayed. I think you have to give them a number if I remember and if you have at least 25 nights stayed on site you get a night free, we did the grand floridian on our actually wedding night for the free day.

EvilQueen-T

We're 30 days away from my daughters disney wedding (wishes package can't speak to other packages personally) and you're right, there is a 25 room night minimum. When that number (or more) are booked the bride and groom get a single night free at the resort of their choice. They have you pick 3 resorts that they block the number of rooms you request but guests can still call through the person who books the wedding's rooms and stay at any of the disney resorts with varying degrees of discounts but they will still be counted toward your number of room nights.

Sweet Melissa

The Queen brings up a good point about being able to link any reservation to a room block. I know that I personally have linked a 10-night stay to the room block of another couple on a message board just to help them meet their minimum. It didn't affect my pricing/package at all to do that. You may be able to crowd source the required nights needed to book that way.

TXDisney

Since you are not getting married till 2016 you def. have some time to figure out you're nights stayed there. Disney kept trying to give them an amount of nights right away, but obviously you don't know who's all going even right away, never mind who's wanting to stay at a disney resort. We just sent out to family and friends an email saying if you're wishing to stay at a disney hotel, let as know, so we can to them and put them on the room block. It worked out great for us. We actually had more nights stayed then what we originally thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom