Disney Water! Sulfur vs chlorine????

headwithfire

We (Myself, Husband, DS, and Mother) just returned from a wonderful stay at the Villa's at WL. We normally stay at OKW.
When at OKW the water just smelled and tasted like pool water and we just drank bottled water, etc
This time at VWL, the water smelled of sulfur. As soon as your turned on the faucet you could smell it. By about the 5th day DS (5) broke out in a rash. He does have sensitive skin to start with.
I tried to be proactive and wash all of our clothes before we came home. We had every piece of clothing washed then put in a space bag the next day. When we can home the clothes smelled of sulfur even though they had been washed and dryed and with a dryer sheet. So now I am rewashing everything.

I guess this is a vent and a question, does each resort or general area have their own water supply?
Anyone else have an issue with this?

Good news, NO bed bug issues but I still kept everything in bags!

stratman50th

It's not all locations. We use the water from Ft Wilderness. We don't charcoal filter but do filter for particulates. We do that anyplace we get water from. The campground water tastes and smells fine to us. We live about 30 minutes from the Disney gate down I-4 and our tap water tastes really good to me so it's not all Florida water. As far as Disney, I have noticed that the tap water at the Magic Kingdom is very sulfurous in smell. Other parks not so much. I will say that a Brita filter bottle will take care of the sulfur smell and make the water taste fine.

Upvote 0

Janir

I have noticed that the water tends to worse in MK than at the other parks or at Pop where we stay often-I don't notice it much there.
Isn't where they wash all the laundry behind the MK? I wonder if they do anything to the water before they wash all linens and towels?
The older the "property" the more sulfurous the water tastes. I have a hard time with MK soda even as their filters there don't get enough out. But at Animal Kingdom, I can drink the bubbler tap water just fine.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I'm gonna be more specific here and say SOUTH Florida water. Here in the panhandle it doesn't have that smell/taste. That's the one thing I can never stand when we go! Even when I was a kid I thought it was gross. But if we are talking about DISNEY WATER....like the smell in splash mountain 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom