News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

wdwfan22

Why doesn't Disney do after hours for Epcot? It literally makes no sense to me.
they have tried some after hours events in the past. Epcot did an after hours wine down were you could stay 2 hours after park closed and enjoy selected lounges. It was fun but not popular. No rides were included and it didn’t cater to families.

Kman101

If this event is permanent and I think it should be the definitely need to plus it.

The castle projections and fireworks are first rate. The background music and lighting also are excellent. The villains at the train station seeing guests out of the park is a brilliant idea.

Much needed improvements are the script for the castle show. IMO. More songs less dialog.

And great photo op 3D set pieces in each land would add greatly to the ambiance.

Just as Electric Ocean adds elements each year, Disney should do the same here. I think they could make this a high demand event that always sells out.

All my opinion of course. 😱👻

You attended?

And I agree that most guests will probably be disappointed in the stage show, on some level, they're used to songs. Looking back now on it, I appreciate more what they were trying to do and have it be different. It just felt repetitive with the acts and a lot of dialogue was repetitive and felt like filler to stretch 20/25 minutes.

I agree it needs some improvements but it's a nice offering, IMO (and I'm kind of surprised I said that) for what it is. You may get candy at Halloween and cookies for Christmas but I think it's a better deal to have soda, water, popcorn and ice cream included in the ticket price.

I'm kind of surprised some folks don't like the live actors in Pirates. I know it's nothing amazing but I think it adds a little bit extra for those of us who have ridden the attraction a million or so times. I'm not quite sure what others expect from this kind of thing? I guess it just boils down to personal taste and whether they like it or not.

I've been hearing mixed things on the DJ aspect, but I know there's been surveys about After Hours and one of them was asking about more of a party atmosphere to these events. I don't mind (I don't love it though, lol, but I did like how the event felt a bit more alive but I also enjoy how quiet regular After Hours is) but I totally get why folks hate it, lol.

jt04

You attended?

And I agree that most guests will probably be disappointed in the stage show, on some level, they're used to songs. Looking back now on it, I appreciate more what they were trying to do and have it be different. It just felt repetitive with the acts and a lot of dialogue was repetitive and felt like filler to stretch 20/25 minutes.

I agree it needs some improvements but it's a nice offering, IMO (and I'm kind of surprised I said that) for what it is. You may get candy at Halloween and cookies for Christmas but I think it's a better deal to have soda, water, popcorn and ice cream included in the ticket price.

I'm kind of surprised some folks don't like the live actors in Pirates. I know it's nothing amazing but I think it adds a little bit extra for those of us who have ridden the attraction a million or so times. I'm not quite sure what others expect from this kind of thing? I guess it just boils down to personal taste and whether they like it or not.

I've been hearing mixed things on the DJ aspect, but I know there's been surveys about After Hours and one of them was asking about more of a party atmosphere to these events. I don't mind (I don't love it though, lol, but I did like how the event felt a bit more alive but I also enjoy how quiet regular After Hours is) but I totally get why folks hate it, lol.

I have seen livestreams. Definitely seems like a work in progress but also a permanent offering.

I liked the show better the second time through. Though it could be a bit shorter as is.

If I could make a suggestion, if they are going to keep the current show, then offer it as an opening of the event. Then have a Villians music concert at midnight. Let the characters from the opening show do M&Gs or accompany the mini-parade the rest of the evening.

The actors I saw on pirates during the ride were very good (Barbarossa?). Seems like it works better to have them as part of the ride rather than in the queue. Might be different in person though.

All in all, seems this has a ton of potential. IMO.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wrote up my experience here - https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-villains-party-trip.955528/

TL : DR - I enjoyed myself, but I don't think its for everyone. EMH back when they did 1am-2/3am stuff was just as useful IMO. That's my closest analogy I think.

And no @monothingie the demographic there was most CERTAINLY NOT the 'vip' crowd or 'the rich'. It looked like every other Disney day crowd minus the <5yr and probably >55yr old crowd contingents. LOTS of 20 somethings... lots of 8-14yr olds... and plenty of all your 'adult age disney couples'.

You saw far more 'only a Disney fan would be caught dead wearing that' type of personalities than you saw of people who clearly buy their way through life.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I wrote up my experience here - https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-villains-party-trip.955528/

TL : DR - I enjoyed myself, but I don't think its for everyone. EMH back when they did 1am-2/3am stuff was just as useful IMO. That's my closest analogy I think.

And no @monothingie the demographic there was most CERTAINLY NOT the 'vip' crowd or 'the rich'. It looked like every other Disney day crowd minus the <5yr and probably >55yr old crowd contingents. LOTS of 20 somethings... lots of 8-14yr olds... and plenty of all your 'adult age disney couples'.

You saw far more 'only a Disney fan would be caught dead wearing that' type of personalities than you saw of people who clearly buy their way through life.

You should have asked them for their 1% ID cards. Or at least a copy of a bank statement.

The several that I went to at DHS, AK, and MK. Everyone was wearing monocles and carrying large sacks with $ signs on it. That’s how I could tell.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You should have asked them for their 1% ID cards. Or at least a copy of a bank statement.

The several that I went to at DHS, AK, and MK. Everyone was wearing monocles and carrying large sacks with $ signs on it. That’s how I could tell.

You don't need to see a monocle to be able to tell the difference between people that can afford to take care of themselves.. vs people who spend their rent money on their addictions.

I feel pretty good stereotyping the 320lb 5ft 35yr old wearing purple villains tights and disheveled hair falls more into the 'fan' than 'vip' bucket.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You don't need to see a monocle to be able to tell the difference between people that can afford to take care of themselves.. vs people who spend their rent money on their addictions.

I feel pretty good stereotyping the 320lb 5ft 35yr old wearing purple villains tights and disheveled hair falls more into the 'fan' than 'vip' bucket.

Hmmm....I don’t even need to respond, you’re doing a great job foolishly discrediting yourself.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hmmm....I don’t even need to respond, you’re doing a great job foolishly discrediting yourself.

Stereotypes don't come from nothing... even if they don't fit every person.

Don't worry, I made sure to tell the little kids I saw at the party they weren't the target audience either.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Stereotypes don't come from nothing... even if they don't fit every person.

Don't worry, I made sure to tell the little kids I saw at the party they weren't the target audience either.
Did you try analyzing the types of cars they had in the parking lot?(Former member of the forum tracked the empty spots). Did they ride the bus back or limo? Helicopter maybe? Or was it a private yacht?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Did you try analyzing the types of cars they had in the parking lot?(Former member of the forum tracked the empty spots). Did they ride the bus back or limo? Helicopter maybe? Or was it a private yacht?

You know the main difference between our point of views? One of them actually has samples behind them not just theories.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
You know the main difference between our point of views? One of them actually has samples behind them not just theories.
Yes your “samples” being your own personal assessment of a persons physical appearance as an indicator of their financial and social status. Very scientific and highly accurate. Good job professor.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Is $4 billion enough to start taking care of oneself?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom