Disney Treasures DVDs Wave 8

Chernobog

Original Poster
I did a search and didn't see this posted yet. Hope it's not a double post.

I saw this posted at blueskydisney...right now I'd say it's rumor as opposed to fact. But I sure hope it's fact because I'll buy all 3 of these sets for sure!

Original post follows:

Walt Disney Treasures: Wave 8

• "The Chronological Donald, Volume 4": The last of the lovable duck with the bad temper is back for his final collection of animated shorts. The two-disc set will cover Donald's shorts released between 1951 and 1961. Another great note is all these shorts will shown in their original widescreen aspect ratio for the first time. Cool beans! I'm there... I'm there.

• "Destino": This was the famous 1946 collaboration between Walt Disney and Salvador Dalí that was never completed. Roy Disney discovered this unfinished work while researching for another Fantasia sequel. He took up the task of completing this work that had been lost in time for most Disney fans. He completed it in 2003 and was nominated for an Academy Award.

• "Dr. Syn, Alias The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh": This is one I'm just giddy about. I was a huge fan of this story as a kid... having seen this on the Wonderful World of Disney over a series of Sundays and having actually read the novel adaption of it. It features Patrick McGoohan(The Prisoner, Secret Agent Man) as a sort of British Zorro-type character that fights the corrupt government in gloomy, old England. The DVD will feature all three episodes show on WWOD and the theatrical film version that was released across the pond.

On November 11, 2008 head out to get your copy at a store near you...

MissM

• "Destino": This was the famous 1946 collaboration between Walt Disney and Salvador Dalí that was never completed. Roy Disney discovered this unfinished work while researching for another Fantasia sequel. He took up the task of completing this work that had been lost in time for most Disney fans. He completed it in 2003 and was nominated for an Academy Award.
Oh neat. I'm glad to hear it's FINALLY coming out. I watched it a few years ago here at the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg and there were rumors back then that it was supposed to be out later that year. It's neat. But weird. But neat. I'd certainly be interested in seeing it again. (Though I'm confused how it alone is a full dvd. It's only like five minutes or something, isn't it? What else is going on the disk?)

Still, neat to know. Thanks for the head's up!
-m

aeillill

While I wouldn't buy the Donald Duck one (mainly because I don't have the first 3 sets) the other 2 sound incredibly interesting. Especially Destino, I remember hearing about that back when Fantasia 2000 came out and that it was nominated for an Academy Award but I never really got a chance to learn anything more about it.

The MaD Hatter

I really love the Walt Disney Treasures line. However, I get the funny feeling that this will be the last wave released. Destino was supposed to be released last year, but Disney bumped it to this year so it could be released alongside the obligatory Donald Vol. 4. They threw in Dr. Syn to round out this wave because there's some demand for it. They also moved up the release date by a month, as if saying we can't put an end to these soon enough. Even though I think there's lots more stuff they could release as Treasures, I just don't see them releasing wave 9. Hopefully, I'll be wrong though.

The MaD Hatter

Looks like they are running out of Treasures ideas..I do hope that they will at least do one for WDW tho..

Unfortunately there is almost no chance of them doing a WDW Treasure. The reason is that the Treasures line was designed to only release material from Walt's lifetime. The Disneyland episode in which Walt discussed the Florida Project and EPCOT was already released on the Tomorrowland set. I'm not sure if there's anything else they could release.

Richie248

Unfortunately there is almost no chance of them doing a WDW Treasure. The reason is that the Treasures line was designed to only release material from Walt's lifetime. The Disneyland episode in which Walt discussed the Florida Project and EPCOT was already released on the Tomorrowland set. I'm not sure if there's anything else they could release.

I wasn't aware of that! I as well was hoping for a collection on WDW and Epcot...just purchased the Disneyland "Secrets Stories and Magic" DVD, I just love it!!!!

Chernobog

Original Poster
also this....

I really love the Walt Disney Treasures line. However, I get the funny feeling that this will be the last wave released. Destino was supposed to be released last year, but Disney bumped it to this year so it could be released alongside the obligatory Donald Vol. 4. They threw in Dr. Syn to round out this wave because there's some demand for it. They also moved up the release date by a month, as if saying we can't put an end to these soon enough. Even though I think there's lots more stuff they could release as Treasures, I just don't see them releasing wave 9. Hopefully, I'll be wrong though.

In addition to these excellent points, this is the earliest in the year I can remember this information leaking out. It seems like it's usually May or June before we find out what the releases will be.

I do hope this isn't the last wave of discs. There's a lot more content out there (cough...Song of the South...cough) to be covered.

dr_teeth90210

Disney has more than enough material for a "WDW Treasures" release. There is televised opening's for all 4 wdw parks. They could include WDW specials like "Muppets got to Walt Disney World". Throw in a short documentary on the parks and I'm sold.

Richie248

Disney has more than enough material for a "WDW Treasures" release. There is televised opening's for all 4 wdw parks. They could include WDW specials like "Muppets got to Walt Disney World". Throw in a short documentary on the parks and I'm sold.

That and Song of the South would be wonderful, I guess we'll have to wait and see!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom