Disney Tokyo copyright?

dieboy

Original Poster
I have a few Disney videos up on my youtube page. They had previously been copyright tagged, reviewed and allowed as long as Disney could throw in an ad (for audio).
Today, I got tagged, for Disney Tokyo copyright violations for audio, and the videos are banned in every country.

Anyone else?

donsullivan

Premium Member
If your original work was of the US parks and this new one is of the Tokyo parks you are dealing with 2 separate companies. The Walt Disney Company owns and operates the US parks and would manage copyright for those. The Oriental Land Company owns and operates the 2 parks in Tokyo and would manage copyright for things there. Just because it's Disney does not automatically mean it's the same company.

dieboy

Original Poster
Original videos from Disney World. As mentioned, posted, reviewed and allowed for .. years. Never been to Disney Tokyo.

The company that tagged it is UMG representing Disney Tokyo ..

dieboy

Original Poster
I filed a dispute on this. I would not have, if Disney had not contacted me regarding it years ago, saying I cannot make money on it, and I can leave it posted if they are allowed to insert a few ads. The previous contact was all through youtube, so they have a history for it. That should help ..

thomas998

I have a few Disney videos up on my youtube page. They had previously been copyright tagged, reviewed and allowed as long as Disney could throw in an ad (for audio).
Today, I got tagged, for Disney Tokyo copyright violations for audio, and the videos are banned in every country.

Anyone else?
What is the audio that you captured? I also suspect you only got tagged because of the quality of your audio, they don't have people actually listening to things they just use computers to scan the videos much like the shazam app on your phone that can tell you what song you are listening too... if you wanted to you could probably just alter the audio in the videos a bit so their software wouldn't flag your videos. I think its a reason my kids have managed to post multiple video of concerts and never gotten flagged but have when they posted a video at home and you could hear a CD playing in the background. Their software is very specific in what it flags and most likely if you just used some software to lower or raise the pitch of the music it would be enough of a change that they wouldn't flag it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom