News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

I don’t recall seeing any signs.

It’s possible they took the ferry, where masks are not required, to the MK.
Your first post stated, “We were told we need to wear our masks while riding. I’d say 50% of the people in my monorail car ignored it and didn’t wear a mask.” It was reasonable of me to interpret this as meaning that those not wearing masks were knowingly flouting a well-publicised rule.

I’ll leave it for others who are currently at the parks to clarify whether the transportation exception is being adequately signposted and announced.

TehPuddingMan

Your first post stated, “We were told we need to wear our masks while riding. I’d say 50% of the people in my monorail car ignored it and didn’t wear a mask.” It was reasonable of me to interpret this as meaning that those not wearing masks were knowingly flouting a well-publicised rule.

I’ll leave it for others who are currently at the parks to clarify whether the transportation exception is being adequately signposted and announced.

Ah yes. It was an older gentleman as we walked up the monorail ramp.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Starting June 18th, Cast Members who are fully vaccinated and working in outdoor roles will no longer be required to wear a face mask. Face Masks will still be required in indoor locations for all Cast Members regardless of vaccination status. There is no change for Cast Members who are not fully vaccinated – they must continue to wear face masks everywhere."

ToTBellHop

"Starting June 18th, Cast Members who are fully vaccinated and working in outdoor roles will no longer be required to wear a face mask. Face Masks will still be required in indoor locations for all Cast Members regardless of vaccination status. There is no change for Cast Members who are not fully vaccinated – they must continue to wear face masks everywhere."

I wonder how they will define “outdoors”. Could a ToT bellhop working as a greeter at the queue entrance have their mask off and then just put it on when they enter the building?

solidyne

If you think that you missed the point.

It's not comparing COVID to anything else. Kids can't be vaccinated yet so masks are appropriate for them. Adults can get vaccinated, so masks aren't required. Likewise kids are smaller so they need a car seat.

The claim was that it's "unfair" for kids to wear masks while adults don't. It has nothing to do with fairness, there are simply different types of protection available for adults that aren't available for kids yet.
Totally got your point. I think you missed my joke. (Many here jump all over the mere mention of "flu" and "car accidents," so I was acting in mock fear of them.)

Chi84

Premium Member
Maybe there is a different forum where people can post about what is going on in their personal lives? Is that something that would be appropriate in the Chit Chat forum? It seems to just cause arguments and bad feelings here and really doesn't have anything to do with mask policy at WDW. There's a difference between reporting what is actually going on at WDW with mask-wearing and just posting a personal opinion that those who don't follow rules are bad people.

ColeTrain04

Last time... wrong thread. Please don't quote me again here on vaccines. This is masks, not vaccines (cdc approved for emergency use btw). Read your article and don't appreciate your pigeon holing me either. So stop assuming you know me and my feelings. You absolutely do not.

My kid is 13 and adult sized and not in the same category as those who cannot vaccinate yet. Teens had an uptick in covid and my kid's classmates absolutely did spread to each other and their parents. So not sure why wanting to mask my teen who has immunocompromised family is bad. Why people are arguing 15 months later baffles me.

I also am not using kids as an excuse. In fact I was happy to drop masks as a vaccinated person while my spouse and kid were not. Putting family going through cancer treatments or other immunocompromised issues at risk will never be okay. Now we're all vaccinated and I don't worry. Should we make kids mask still? I leave that up to experts.
[/

Let me get this straight…..you’re mad because we’re talking about vaccines on a mask thread but the original post of yours that I quoted was about vaccines? Pot calling the kettle? Vaccines and mask usage are related. So as it pertains to this thread I think it’s relevant

Attachments

• 83D41B83-0128-41A4-BCCB-85B2B850BED3.jpeg
    83D41B83-0128-41A4-BCCB-85B2B850BED3.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 46

LittleBuford

Maybe there is a different forum where people can post about what is going on in their personal lives? Is that something that would be appropriate in the Chit Chat forum? It seems to just cause arguments and bad feelings here and really doesn't have anything to do with mask policy at WDW. There's a difference between reporting what is actually going on at WDW with mask-wearing and just posting a personal opinion that those who don't follow rules are bad people.
With all due respect, many of your posts are also opinions related to your own personal experiences of people's response to the pandemic. We all veer off-topic sometimes; there's no sense calling others out for it when you do it too. (And to clarify, I didn't call those who don't follow rules "bad people".)

correcaminos

Let me get this straight…..you’re mad because we’re talking about vaccines on a mask thread but the original post of yours that I quoted was about vaccines? Pot calling the kettle? Vaccines and mask usage are related. So as it pertains to this thread I think it’s relevant
Not mad. Following the topic is all. This is not a generic covid thread. There are other threads where people will happily discuss what you want to discuss elsewhere on the forum. You keep dropping the masks to talk only of vaccines. That's all.

As for the screen shot. My post and the one quoted was deleted and rightfully so for a reason. When I replied I forgot where I was. So go ahead and keep posting, and we can watch our posts delete too.

Last edited:

tallica

Disney is not requiring proof of vaccination for CMs.

LittleBuford

They’re packing in full capacity in rides lines, tiki room, MMRR pre-show, telling everyone to fill all available space etc that I experienced today and yesterday (maybe 2 out of 200 wearing a mask voluntarily on rides).
That's a fair point: it's inconsistent messaging. I can see why people find the transportation mask requirement confusing in this light, but I still think the mature thing to do is to follow it.

correcaminos

They’re packing in full capacity in rides lines, tiki room, MMRR pre-show, telling everyone to fill all available space etc that I experienced today and yesterday (maybe 2 out of 200 wearing a mask voluntarily on rides).
Let's be real, the Tiki room almost never is fully packed anyway ;)

I love the show but even when we went last week no one was turned away as there was natural space available anyway.

Not surprised to see so few wearing masks. Similar to what I've seen indoors at our zoo with the same policy.

That's a fair point: it's inconsistent messaging. I can see why people find the transportation mask requirement confusing in this light, but I still think the mature thing to do is to follow it.
I don't disagree. That's why we kept ours on in the monorail Friday even though it was just us. Same with the Skyliner.

ToTBellHop

There is. It’s called Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom