News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The Orange County Mayor said yesterday that based on current rate of vaccination he thinks he may be able to drop the countywide mask mandate some time in June. That will trigger some interesting challenges for Disney who will likely want to stay a little stricter but if the county removes the mandate enforcement is likely to get a lot more contentious.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The Orange County Mayor said yesterday that based on current rate of vaccination he thinks he may be able to drop the countywide mask mandate some time in June. That will trigger some interesting challenges for Disney who will likely want to stay a little stricter but if the county removes the mandate enforcement is likely to get a lot more contentious.
But as a private company, they can require whatever they want whenever, correct? I think Disney will be following CDC guidelines (to cover their own tails) vs. local decisions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
But as a private company, they can require whatever they want whenever, correct? I think Disney will be following CDC guidelines (to cover their own tails) vs. local decisions.
They absolutely can (and probably will) maintain a higher standard if they choose. The challenge will be, if the county drops their mandate the pushback will likely get a bit more challenging.

Stupido

This should be interesting. With more and more people being vaccinated daily, more and more people will feel more comfortable coming back to the parks, making social distancing harder and harder. I really hope that Disney starts mandating proof of vaccination or a negative rapid test before rolling back any more mask mandates.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
cd14f14068c35439c1c8e3f182ccb5c6.gif

SpectroMagician

This should be interesting. With more and more people being vaccinated daily, more and more people will feel more comfortable coming back to the parks, making social distancing harder and harder. I really hope that Disney starts mandating proof of vaccination or a negative rapid test before rolling back any more mask mandates.
Just don't go if you didn't get the vaccine yourself or are worried. The rest of us don't care.

GimpYancIent

I see nothing earth shattering about this minor adjustment.

"Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo*, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time.

(*Beginning April 8)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom