Disney Stores All Sold?

TheDisneyGirl02

Well, when I worked at my store on Sunday, the Lead who was closing that night said that she doubted any announcements will be made until after the Sales Conference next week at Disneyland. They really didn't know much and if they did, didn't pass the information onto us. Sigh...

TheDisneyGirl02

I would be really surprised if store management knew anything at this time. My wife worked with her Store Manager yesterday and if she knew anything new she would have told her. She's not one to keep secrets from her CMs.

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Was just told that Oct 11th monday will be the day the papers are signed by disney and the childrens place.But actual takeover probably wont be till Jan 1 so fellow castmembers use your discounts now! The end is near:cry:

monorail256

walts son 1971 said:
Was just told that Oct 11th monday will be the day the papers are signed by disney and the childrens place.But actual takeover probably wont be till Jan 1 so fellow castmembers use your discounts now! The end is near:cry:

The end might be near... but there is a new beginning right around the corner -- and I'm looking forward to it. Bring it on.

TheDisneyGirl02

walts son 1971 said:
Todays the day,announcement will be today .Also the Disney catalog online will be called www.disneydirect.com it works now.We where told at our store not to accept catalog returns after thursday.

Go figure...I'm so fed up with this whole situation...

I was not told that about catalog returns yesterday when I worked. It seems odd (I'm not questioning you or anything) that all of the sudden we would stop accepting catalog returns. You would think we would give it a couple of months. The only people who are going to be hurt by this are the DS CMs, because we will be yelled at by the public...sigh...

My one manager and I were talking last night about how the stores were set up for failure. How we used to sell all of our merchandise without sales, how we did a booming business in adult clothing and our cels and classic pieces. We both agreed that the stores have been 'cheapened'. It's sad...really sad.

TheDisneyGirl02

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Im sure your manager will be calling your store from the meeting today to give all of the castmembers the news.Am told all the childrens place big shots are there,my manager was supposed to be there but she had a death in her family.Disney wanted her there so bad today that they wanted her to miss the visitation today and be at the meeting in california,they would fly her back early tuesday morning for the funeral.She told them forget it and they would have to call her with all the news and details.

monorail256

...I won't be missing catalog returns one bit. This past weekend, I had 3 different individuals scream at me because of them. People don't understand that we aren't affiliated with the Disney Catalog / DisneyStore.com, and that we only accept returns from those areas as a courtesy to the guest.

I think disneydirect.com is sorta a bad name, but thats just me...

I work tonight, so if I get any new info I'll post it. :wave:

TheDisneyGirl02

From what the lead told me last night at my store, nothing was said yesterday. My manager called (while I was working) and said nothing about an announcement today...but then again that means nothing. She also said that TCP pretty much said that they are willing to do anything to make us happy. She said they broke down into districts (I think) and had small discussions about the buy-out and what it will mean for us. She also said something about Disney and TCP were still working out the park benefits, etc. through legal. I'm hoping the announcement doesn't come down until after I'm back from WDW! I leave tomorrow! :veryconfu

Either way, as a store, we did VERY well yesterday. I'm not sure what we ended up with, but we went through costumes like there was no tomorrow yesterday! My fingers are crossed that it means an upswing for the stores!

TheDisneyGirl02

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
So far Ive heard nothing,did read the letter from Kay that she is leaving the company.Sounds like she is leaving after christmas so thats probably when the change will happen.Am looking forward to the 20th and 21st for the extra discount.Will see what happens

georgeann15022

Love that Mouse

Just joined this group in order to get some info on TDS sale....worked as a castmember for over 3 years after trying for over 5 years to join the team.....very disappointed in this upcoming sale and even more disappointed in the Disney Company for just dumping us....I have always admired this company and the castmembers who have worked for them...we are definitely a "cut" above the rest...but with TCP acquiring us I am uscertain about our future....looking into my "crystal ball", I see us becoming a retail store that carries cheaper Disney brand merchandise...the Disney Company will focus on opening up more "World of Disney" chains in key cities like Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta etc..so they will stay in the retail business, but make these stores destination stores(like we used to be)....as far as our perks..that will remain a secret until after the Holiday season, then they will be taken away...I am certain they will keep it under wraps until after we all put in long hours over the holiday season and remain hopeful that they will reward us for our dedication...then the bottom will fall out for all of us....that is how I see it,,,but I am hoping that I am wrong and can continue with our perks for spreading our Pixie Dust over all our guests....as far as Kodak and the Rainforest...they work on Disney Property..that is why they get the perks....I was told that by an employee of The Rainforest....I was also told at property control this summer that they received a memo that they were to allow TDS castmembers entrance until the close of 2004...so what does that tell you???..after that we are history.....like I said before...sure hope I am wrong, but if Disney REALLY cared about us, they wouldn't have sold the stores, now would they?????....

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
Just got the word starting mid november we will no longer be castmembers and no longer get WDW room,food or merch discounts only 3passes a year 1day 1park passes and thats it.And we will have to order them and they are only good for one year.Had to fill out all new paper work for the childrens place saturday when I worked at the disney store.It was a fun 6 years working there but I done working there now.Its been fun good buy Disney stores:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom