Disney Store Sarasota FL

brusoe

Original Poster
Hey guys I know this isnt park related but the Disney Store here in sarasota is closing. They are having a a huge sale me and the wife got a huge classic pooh snow globe for like 30 bucks!! Anywho they are also selling everything in the store like statues and store props. worth a look if you live near us!!! we are 1.5 hours south west of Orlando. Its like 10-30% off lowest marked price. The tickets obviously that they sell there arent included in the discount:D Still Tons and Tons of stuff left were sad its closing but you cant beat these deals on offical disney stuff.

momsls

The Disney Store in the Southern Park Mall in my area is also closing. The store employees told me they were notified last Wednesday that they were closing and were given a very short time period, like a couple weeks, before the doors would be closed for good. If you have a Disney store near you I would check to see if it made it. The employees at my local store said that should be then end of the closures.

Tigggrl

I used to work at that Disney store....and also the Camelot Music that was there.....
Hey guys I know this isnt park related but the Disney Store here in sarasota is closing. They are having a a huge sale me and the wife got a huge classic pooh snow globe for like 30 bucks!! Anywho they are also selling everything in the store like statues and store props. worth a look if you live near us!!! we are 1.5 hours south west of Orlando. Its like 10-30% off lowest marked price. The tickets obviously that they sell there arent included in the discount:D Still Tons and Tons of stuff left were sad its closing but you cant beat these deals on offical disney stuff.

jimmyritt33

Sorry for your news

I was speaking with one of the gals that manages our local Disney Store and she claimed that they were on a list that was going to be re-evaluated in the early fall. We have 3 stores within a 25 mile radius which is a lot and I think that doesn't bode well for my local store. but I cannot complain because if they close I still have a couple of others within a short drive.

Disney29

80 disney stores are closing within the U.S. Disney has just bought back the stores from Hoop under bankruptacy. They are still waiting on closing another 20 stores in the near future. If you live in the Chicago land area Rockford, Stratford, and Golf Mill are the stores that are closing. Each store has a 6-8 week window before closing. Animation that is within the stores belongs to Disney and is not being sold. I have heard through the grape vine that Disney auctions them on E-Bay.

firedog31

What what I saw today at the store in sterling va it is not closeing but for those of you that may live in the area that are interested they had the snow globes at half price. Also I picked up the tickets for our trip from the store so that is out of the way, they do not ave the 10 day park passes bu they carry 7 in any of the choices that you would want to have. I was going to do the 7 and three since we are planning on spending more then 7 days at the parks on our trip but for 16 dollars more they talked me into buying two seven day passes for both of us which I could not refuse. No way we will use them all but its nice to have just in case

megaroostitch

All of our Disney stores by us have closed in the malls with the last one closing in a couple weeks. My brother said they are having huge sales to get rid of everything. I hope there is a plan to open them again at some time. I love shopping there!!!!

lilo091701

80 disney stores are closing within the U.S. Disney has just bought back the stores from Hoop under bankruptcy. They are still waiting on closing another 20 stores in the near future. If you live in the Chicago land area Rockford, Stratford, and Golf Mill are the stores that are closing. Each store has a 6-8 week window before closing. Animation that is within the stores belongs to Disney and is not being sold. I have heard through the grape vine that Disney auctions them on E-Bay.

When will we know of the other 20 stores closing and what is this I hear about stores being reevaluated in the early fall???

brusoe

Original Poster
I used to work at that Disney store....and also the Camelot Music that was there.....

Thats crazy lol I remember Camelot have you been back lately? If not you should see little old Sarasota square mall now. still only one floor but it got bigger with a remodel done last year.

santa's surpriz

any one know of a link that has details about the closing loactions? It would be a ideal to find a list of all the closing stores. I just checked the store locator for Ohio and it links back to Children's Place so I am doubtful that it is accurate. Thanks in advance.

Tigggrl

Thats crazy lol I remember Camelot have you been back lately? If not you should see little old Sarasota square mall now. still only one floor but it got bigger with a remodel done last year.
I am glad to hear that about the remodel! I live in Cali now, but I sure do miss BArnies coffee! I spent many many hours at that mall!:)

tigsmom

Just found out today that the Disney Store in the Galleria in Middletown, NY is closing. :cry: I'm hoping that the one in the Palisades Mall in Nyack is staying open or there will be none nearby.

momsls

its gotten so depressing at that mall....with the closing of the Disney Store that concourse will only have 3 stores on that side...I guess retail is feeling the crunch...:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom