Disney Store Employee discounts

fourstamps

Original Poster
I have a question for Disney Store Employees out there. Now that Disney has bought back the stores what type of Disney World discounts are they offering to it's employees?

raven

They only purchased about 1/3 of the stores. Discounts haven't really been on the top of the list for them to look at just yet.

lilo091701

20% off

Right now 20% off in home store is all that is being given to PT-CM. This week we will find out if it is also given at the parks and what ticket perks PT-CM would receive!!!!

FYI-And you can not get you CM discount at any liquidating stores!!!!! And all sales are FINAL!!!!!

raven

FYI-And you can not get you CM discount at any liquidating stores!!!!! And all sales are FINAL!!!!!

This is true. Tomorrow is the last day for CM discounts at the stores that are being closed.

I thought they were closing 1/3 of the stores...leaving the remaining 2/3 open

That's what they said, but what they did was the opposite. All of the news articles quoted Disney saying that the final decision will be up to the lanlords but they fooled everyone again. Our mall lanlord is still fighting for us and even offered to lower the rent but Disney is refusing...even though we are #1 in the district.

I am a Disney Store CM and they are closing 7 out of 9 stores in the south east Michigan area. I've received PM's from other Disney Store CMs saying that their stores are being closed as well. From what I hear (and the way it's looking) going to The Disney Store for most Americans will be a travel destination after all is said and done. :(

This is true. Tomorrow is the last day for CM discounts at the stores that are being closed.

That's what they said, but what they did was the opposite. All of the news articles quoted Disney saying that the final decision will be up to the lanlords but they fooled everyone again. Our mall lanlord is still fighting for us and even offered to lower the rent but Disney is refusing...even though we are #1 in the district.

I am a Disney Store CM and they are closing 7 out of 9 stores in the south east Michigan area. I've received PM's from other Disney Store CMs saying that their stores are being closed as well. From what I hear (and the way it's looking) going to The Disney Store for most Americans will be a travel destination after all is said and done. :(

that's so sad. i've been talking to the manager of my store (i only work when im back at home and not at school) and she seemed pretty certain that we're staying, but now im wondering if thats true.

raven

that's so sad. i've been talking to the manager of my store (i only work when im back at home and not at school) and she seemed pretty certain that we're staying, but now im wondering if thats true.

It's all up in the air. No promises have been kept. Last Sunday when we were doing inventory the Disney Rep in charge confirmed our store was not closing. Then 4 days later she walked in with liquidation signs in tow and a smile on her face. She knew all along. :fork:

Minnesota

Ok now I am in a paninc. Does anyone know if they will be closing the store in the mall of America in Minnesota? They have closed nearly all the other stores in Mn. I know of no others ones, used to be tons. If I can't go to WDW my second choice is a shopping day there. This might make my husband happy so I wouldn't have an excuse to go up there as often.

daringstoic

It's all up in the air. No promises have been kept. Last Sunday when we were doing inventory the Disney Rep in charge confirmed our store was not closing. Then 4 days later she walked in with liquidation signs in tow and a smile on her face. She knew all along. :fork:

That isn't by any chance the store in Somerset Mall, is it? Please tell me it isn't. I literally live a mile away. I'm just guessing based on your location that says Royal Oak. The one at Great Lakes is the only other store around here that I can think of.

wdwfan22

Does anyone know if they are closing any Disney Stores in Ilinois?

Yes the Disney store in Northwoods Mall in Peoria all stores in Rockford & the Quad Cities.

The stores will close by the end of June. Closing sales already have started and will continue six to eight weeks. The current sale is 10 percent to 30 percent off all merchandise.

raven

That isn't by any chance the store in Somerset Mall, is it? Please tell me it isn't. I literally live a mile away. I'm just guessing based on your location that says Royal Oak. The one at Great Lakes is the only other store around here that I can think of.

Yep that's up. We've been there since 1996 and now it's closing. :(

The Disney Outlet Store at Great Lakes Crossing (that actually just openned), Lakeside, Southland and Grand Rapids will be the only ones left in Michigan.

kcw

so the flip side that I'm wondering about--- what does this mean for current (park) CM's? Do we get discounts at the Disney stores now???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom