Disney Store Cast Member

imagineerfan

Original Poster
I am thinking of applying for a cast member job at my local disney store for the holiday season, but was unsure on a couple of things:
Any cool benefits?
Hours?
Enjoyable place to work?
What age do they normally hire?
Types of tasks?

Any info would be grately appreciated. :)
Dan

VILLAINSRULE

I have worked at my store for 4 years now, and I LOVE it. It is a fun job, especially if you love Disney. You do get an employee discount and they usually run some sellng contests during the Holidays, and you can win some great stuff--one year we got some great Disney cels! one year we got exclusive jean jackets! I can highly recommend Disney as a great place to work!

disneydentist

Villiansrule,
We shop in your store every time we go to Reading. We live about anhour north up Rt. 61. I spent four years in Reading while I went to Albright. Small world even in cyberspace.

imagineerfan

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneydentist
Villiansrule,
We shop in your store every time we go to Reading. We live about anhour north up Rt. 61. I spent four years in Reading while I went to Albright. Small world even in cyberspace.

I acutally live only 45 minutes from the reading store, but I am actually thinking of working in the Disney store in Lancastser:)

Maerj

Originally posted by VILLAINSRULE
I have worked at my store for 4 years now, and I LOVE it.

I shop at your store as well! I am the guy with the shoulder length brown hair, I usually preorder my DVDs from there.

Can you pre-order the new Treasures Tins yet?

mickeysclubhous

Hey guys! I have also been a disney store cast member. Our store closed last May :( so I am no longer a Disney employee. We had the following benefits while I worked there...free admission to Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks, discounts on rooms at WDW and DLR and on products from the Disney Store, Disney catalog, and Disney Store.com (if we called our orders in). We also had numerous selling contests and we're occasionally given freebies (like because we sold a lot of plush during one promotion, we were all given $32 worth of free plush) Also, we had great CM meetings regarding the store and were able to borrow movies from the store's library of Disney films. We could have access to Disney Share holder buying (stock) with no fees. Also, we could visit Company D store at WDW and DLR and go to the special CM only events at Disney World (some of them, like ultra-cheap stuff tent sale at the Magic Kingdom) also you'll get four free one-day tickets during the year to give to friends and family...BUT...if you are only a holiday worker you only get one or two benefits like store discounts and ONLY the promos that happen right in your store HOWEVER you are allowed to go to DLR and WDW on your cast member pass but you don't get things like the free tickets during the year (obviously)...I used my cast member privileges to the fullest extent as you can tell. Hope this helps! Lee

imagineerfan

Original Poster
Originally posted by mickeysclubhous
Hey guys! I have also been a disney store cast member. Our store closed last May :( so I am no longer a Disney employee. We had the following benefits while I worked there...free admission to Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks, discounts on rooms at WDW and DLR and on products from the Disney Store, Disney catalog, and Disney Store.com (if we called our orders in). We also had numerous selling contests and we're occasionally given freebies (like because we sold a lot of plush during one promotion, we were all given $32 worth of free plush) Also, we had great CM meetings regarding the store and were able to borrow movies from the store's library of Disney films. We could have access to Disney Share holder buying (stock) with no fees. Also, we could visit Company D store at WDW and DLR and go to the special CM only events at Disney World (some of them, like ultra-cheap stuff tent sale at the Magic Kingdom) also you'll get four free one-day tickets during the year to give to friends and family...BUT...if you are only a holiday worker you only get one or two benefits like store discounts and ONLY the promos that happen right in your store HOWEVER you are allowed to go to DLR and WDW on your cast member pass but you don't get things like the free tickets during the year (obviously)...I used my cast member privileges to the fullest extent as you can tell. Hope this helps! Lee

Hey thanks for the info! Sounds like a great place to work and the benefits are worth it.:sohappy:

Marijil

Originally posted by disneydentist
Villiansrule,

Very small world, my wife and I are also former Albrightians!

SnowWhite5669

I am a part time cast member and I love it!! They treat us very well, I went to Disney three times this year alone!! Last year we went 4 times!! It's a great part time job or even a full time job! Where else can you be part of the magic without even being on Disney property??:sohappy:

mikeb_86

I have my sesenal applacation in since late September, 2003 and im hoping i get a call i need a job for work studay. I whould love to work thare.

mikeb_86

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom