Disney starting its own Streaming Service

drizgirl

Unless they are going to confiscate the DVDs in my collection, I have no need for their streaming service. I own the Disney content I care about.

champdisney

Disney getting into the streaming service business to compete against Netflix and other streaming services means that Disney will have to do much more than release their already established content. They'll have to create new content for their streaming service to garner subscribers. I just wonder what this means for the Marvel-Netflix shows.

champdisney

Doesn't it mean they won't be on Netflix any more?
That's the thing, those shows are specifically made for Netflix. So, my guess is that Disney will once again have to honor what has already been contractually agreed upon and continue to produce those shows for Netflix.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Disney getting into the streaming service business to compete against Netflix and other streaming services means that Disney will have to do much more than release their already established content. They'll have to create new content for their streaming service to garner subscribers. I just wonder what this means for the Marvel-Netflix shows.

Doesn't it mean they won't be on Netflix any more?

That's the thing, those shows are specifically made for Netflix. So, my guess is that Disney will once again have to honor what has already been contractually agreed upon and continue to produce those shows for Netflix.
Netflix distributes the shows. Marvel Television produces them. So, Disney has every right to pick up the distribution rights either when the series ends or when Marvel offers Netflix a good deal. Disney, through Marvel, has been able to play quite nicely with other studios lately.

erasure fan1

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry to raise a old topic, but I did not want to create a new one as well. The other night I was reading about Ant-Man and the Wasp will be the last Marvel film on Netflix due to the upcoming Disney streaming services. My after thought of reading this is I really really hope Disney will add all of the Muppet Shows seasons to this service.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sorry to raise a old topic, but I did not want to create a new one as well. The other night I was reading about Ant-Man and the Wasp will be the last Marvel film on Netflix due to the upcoming Disney streaming services. My after thought of reading this is I really really hope Disney will add all of the Muppet Shows seasons to this service.

Muppets: Likely to be there

WRT Netflix: Iger mentioned in the last quarterly call that arrangements with other streaming providers are possible (for an licensing fee, of course). They're not locked into exclusivity if they can be paid for it elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom