Disney Springs packed Thursday Night (12/8). All ADRs filled. But, still fun.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rushed in right at 8:30 PM just in time to see the Christmas drone show. Very impressive for new tech. Certainly not ready for prime time. But the potential is huge. Maybe RoL should have had a free trial/preview at DS...

Was hungry, so my buddy and I headed to the Irish pub. Huge amount of people sitting outside obviously waiting for a table. Pulled up the Disney app... not an ADR to be had in all of DS from 9 PM to midnight. The whole of DS was packed.

So, we walked right over to Jock's, sat down immediately and had a fabulous full meal out of what is supposed to be a small plate (the holiday lamb special which was a deconstructed gyro with cranberry and shredded sweet potato; and the holiday turkey special which was a thanksgiving meal deconstructed onto a flat bread).

The old Marketplace (it's still there, the new upscale shops didn't eat it) is very jolly. The Christmas tree trail is as disappointing as it was made out to be. But, that didn't deter the little tots screaming with joy every time it 'snowed.' My buddy, whose standards and taste levels are questionable and isn't a Disney snob like some of us liked it.

Looking for a new buddy...

After getting creped, we went bowling. Fun.

Disneyhead'71

I am that the place is proving popular for dining. There are a lot of new very good options, and I hope they do well.

Did you check STK?

jt04

So, sounds like the concept is working as more people discover it.

They need to get the observatory and Edison open.

And what was that Pleasure Island deal people refer to? Seems so small and insignificant in the rear view mirror.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you check STK?

So, I just opened the MDE app to check to see if STK is part of the search. I checked for ADRs at DS tomorrow night. And nothing was available. Odd. I checked the following day, still nothing available.

I just checked online through the laptop, and there are ADRs available for tonight (though some already booked, and some, like STK, require ADRs more than one day in advance).

So... the upshot is that the Android App (the brand new version) isn't working for DS ADRs.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So, I just opened the MDE app to check to see if STK is part of the search. I checked for ADRs at DS tomorrow night. And nothing was available. Odd. I checked the following day, still nothing available.

I just checked online through the laptop, and there are ADRs available for tonight (though some already booked, and some, like STK, require ADRs more than one day in advance).

So... the upshot is that the Android App (the brand new version) isn't working for DS ADRs.
Its Saturday. Stuff fills up fast. As of 6:48 CST STK has six available time slots still for a party of two on Open Table.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Rushed in right at 8:30 PM just in time to see the Christmas drone show. Very impressive for new tech. Certainly not ready for prime time. But the potential is huge. Maybe RoL should have had a free trial/preview at DS...

Was hungry, so my buddy and I headed to the Irish pub. Huge amount of people sitting outside obviously waiting for a table. Pulled up the Disney app... not an ADR to be had in all of DS from 9 PM to midnight. The whole of DS was packed.

So, we walked right over to Jock's, sat down immediately and had a fabulous full meal out of what is supposed to be a small plate (the holiday lamb special which was a deconstructed gyro with cranberry and shredded sweet potato; and the holiday turkey special which was a thanksgiving meal deconstructed onto a flat bread).

The old Marketplace (it's still there, the new upscale shops didn't eat it) is very jolly. The Christmas tree trail is as disappointing as it was made out to be. But, that didn't deter the little tots screaming with joy every time it 'snowed.' My buddy, whose standards and taste levels are questionable and isn't a Disney snob like some of us liked it.

Looking for a new buddy...

After getting creped, we went bowling. Fun.
I have found in the past that 3rd party vendor locations often have more availability than what shows on the Disney site. I don't know if that's still the case with all of the new offerings at DS as well. If you can't find anything on the Disney site try calling the restaurants directly. You may have better luck.

It's good to hear that the place is doing well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have found in the past that 3rd party vendor locations often have more availability than what shows on the Disney site. I don't know if that's still the case with all of the new offerings at DS as well. If you can't find anything on the Disney site try calling the restaurants directly. You may have better luck.

It's good to hear that the place is doing well.

When I was there in September I tried to get reservations for Homecoming through that app but was finding very limited availability. When we actually walked up, they had availability for any time we wanted that afternoon and evening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When I was there in September I tried to get reservations for Homecoming through that app but was finding very limited availability. When we actually walked up, they had availability for any time we wanted that afternoon and evening.
I had an ADR for T-Rex through Disney for 5 for my family of 4 and my father in law who was meeting up with us. My father in law wanted to bring a friend but when I called the Disney reservation number they said they couldn't accommodate a 6th person since the ADRs for the restaurant were completely sold out. We didn't bring the 6th person and when we got to T-Rex literally half the restaurant was empty and they were seating walk-ins with no wait. The waiter said we should have just called the restaurant directly and they would have updated the reservation no problem. Lesson learned for me.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My guess that if the Disney owned eateries are below a certain capacity level MDE may not bring back non Disney locations?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My guess that if the Disney owned eateries are below a certain capacity level MDE may not bring back non Disney locations?
That could be, but I think it might just be that the 3rd party vendors don't want to turn over their entire availability to Disney for ADRs to allow for walk-ins and guests with large parties who may want to deal with the restaurant directly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom