Disney Shows Past and Present

DuckyNash

Original Poster
Lately, I've been reading topics about Disney Channel's tv show lineup. Hearing things like "Get rid of that tween junk and bring back the classics" or "Get with the times. Forget the classics" or something to that extent. Now, I'd like to share my thoughts about all of this.

Isn't there a way for both classic Disney shows (Mickey Mouse Club, DuckTales, and Rescue Rangers) and Disney Channel originals (Kim Possible, Hannah Montana) to co-exist at the same time on the Disney Channel peaceful-like instead of pitting them against each other. It's almost as if people are trying to start a Disney-type civil war of shows.

Even though I prefer the classics over the current shows any day, originals like Kim Possible and High School Musical are okay in small doses, just not if they're EVERYWHERE IN SIGHT!

But I do agree that Disney can do a whole lot better than shows like Phineas & Ferb (Boy, are those two kids ugly! One of them reminds me of Beaker from the Muppets)

As far as Toon Disney goes, they DO have shows like those co-existing together (Even though the Disney Afternoon shows deserve a little more attention, no matter how dated they are. They're still classics). Plus, I think they should get rid of Jetix, because it's practically taking over the whole dang channel!

So, what say all of you?

Lately, I've been reading topics about Disney Channel's tv show lineup. Hearing things like "Get rid of that tween junk and bring back the classics" or "Get with the times. Forget the classics" or something to that extent. Now, I'd like to share my thoughts about all of this.

Isn't there a way for both classic Disney shows (Mickey Mouse Club, DuckTales, and Rescue Rangers) and Disney Channel originals (Kim Possible, Hannah Montana) to co-exist at the same time on the Disney Channel peaceful-like instead of pitting them against each other. It's almost as if people are trying to start a Disney-type civil war of shows.

Even though I prefer the classics over the current shows any day, originals like Kim Possible and High School Musical are okay in small doses, just not if they're EVERYWHERE IN SIGHT!

But I do agree that Disney can do a whole lot better than shows like Phineas & Ferb (Boy, are those two kids ugly! One of them reminds me of Beaker from the Muppets)

As far as Toon Disney goes, they DO have shows like those co-existing together (Even though the Disney Afternoon shows deserve a little more attention, no matter how dated they are. They're still classics). Plus, I think they should get rid of Jetix, because it's practically taking over the whole dang channel!

So, what say all of you?

Personallly I would love for the "Classics" and the "DC Orignals" to be able to co-exist. I am a Disney Channel kid, when I was very young I grew up watching Duck Tales, Doug, and The Adventures of Chip and Dale. When I was a older child (age 8-12) I watched Kim Possible, Lizzie McGuire, and Even Stevens. Now the Disney Channel is all about Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and the Wizards of Waverly Place. I love the "DC Originals", but I dearly miss the "Classics". I will admit that the HM and HSM craze has gone a bit too far, but I still like that Disney offers appropriate shows, rather than the shows on MTV.

darthjohnny

I don't think we'll ever see the "classic" shows again because more and more of these shoews are showing up on the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs and things of that nature, and they can make more of a profit by releasing it that way.

Also, unfortunately, I don't think kids really even know who these characters are from some of the older shows and wouldn't be able to relate.

Mouser365

As a Mom of a 3 year old and a nine year old, Disney Channel is on all day and many times in the evening. I love the classic Disney shows and cartoons and when I was a little kid in the 70's I used to love the reruns of the original Mickey Mouse Club. High School Musical, Hannah Montana and SUite Life of Zack & Cody are actually very cute shows and my kids adore them. I'm happy to say Disney is probably the only channel left that has shows kids think are cool without Moms having to worry that they are inappropriate.The writing doesn't revolve around toilet humor either which sometimes I find Nickelodeon does. And what's nice is they show what's coming out in Disney DVDS, parks, movies,backstage at the MK, all kinds of fun things and the kids are getting entertained by decent programming. I have made sure my kids have seen the Disney classics and I buy many of the traditional Disney cartoons. I think if people realized that Hannah Montana and Zack & Cody are for kids today what the Brady Bunch & Partridge Family was to kids of my 70's generation, they would view it differently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom