Disney should make a sphere attraction based off the one in Las Vegas

Quietmouse

Original Poster

If you have ever gone it’s an incredible experience. The screen completely wraps around you, so it’s like omnimax but on steroids and they have different elements built into your individual seat and pump the air with smells that relate to the experience.

It’s kind of like soarin, but different and more immersive.

Curious if Disney might ever look into building an e ticket attraction that is based off the sphere one day

DisneyHead123

I’ve said before, it surprises me that Disney doesn’t do more with projection mapping. I’d love to see a restaurant that incorporates this, like La Petit Chef. Maybe they think it’s a passing trend and won’t age well?

JoeCamel

If you have ever gone it’s an incredible experience. The screen completely wraps around you, so it’s like omnimax but on steroids and they have different elements built into your individual seat and pump the air with smells that relate to the experience.

It’s kind of like soarin, but different and more immersive.

Curious if Disney might ever look into building an e ticket attraction that is based off the sphere one day

How much did the sphere cost to build and how expensive is it to produce content for it?

No way DIS drops that much bank on any attraction

Vegas Disney Fan

How much did the sphere cost to build and how expensive is it to produce content for it?

No way DIS drops that much bank on any attraction
It was over $2billion to build and the UFC production was estimated at $20 million just for the one show, there’s no way in Hades Disney would ever spend the money to build something like this.

It’s absolutely spectacular though, I’ve worked many shows there and it’s unlike anything else on the planet, a truly next generation experience that boggles the mind.

JoeCamel

It was over $2billion to build and the UFC production was estimated at $20 million just for the one show, there’s no way in Hades Disney would ever spend the money to build something like this.

It’s absolutely spectacular though, I’ve worked many shows there and it’s unlike anything else on the planet, a truly next generation experience that boggles the mind.
One of the jaw dropping elements is the scale, if it were brought to WDW it would be turtle talk with crush scale

Vegas Disney Fan

Is this like a 21st century circle-vision?
That’s an understatement, it’s a 16k screen, 4 times sharper than the best TVs, 7 stories tall, has over 100,000 speakers, it’s a technological marvel. It blurs the line of reality… here’s a couple pics I’ve taken from the floor, a suite, and the top, it’s a massive building, fits 20,000 guests.

Here’s a great video for people as fascinated by this stuff as I am.

Attachments

• IMG_6168.jpeg
    IMG_6168.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5753.jpeg
    IMG_5753.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5762.jpeg
    IMG_5762.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom