Disney Sea's 5th

Rayray

I love that fountain in front of the building.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the building seems to have a dual appearance. From far away, TOT at a glance looks like a grand building, but as the viewer approaches the building, its rust stains, crumbling bricks, and shattered windows become evident (theming layers). I wish that the WDW TOT had this kind of appeal. The Tokyo TOT doesn't seem to exists as a too ominous figure from across the park. That's pretty cool.

S.E.A.

Rayray said:
I love that fountain in front of the building.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the building seems to have a dual appearance. From far away, TOT at a glance looks like a grand building, but as the viewer approaches the building, its rust stains, crumbling bricks, and shattered windows become evident (theming layers). I wish that the WDW TOT had this kind of appeal. The Tokyo TOT doesn't seem to exists as a too ominous figure from across the park. That's pretty cool.

the main stories of the Florida ToT and the Tokyo ToT are too different, Florida's is supposed to be ominous from afar and had its own area built around it while Tokyo's had to blend in to the pristinely themed surroundings and is a major component of the park's clearly visible skyline.

according to CM previews, the Tokyo Tower is gonna be a bit dissapointing. (Makes sense considering it's pretty much the same as the DCA version, not having the 5th Dimension room and all) It seems, Florida's Tower will still reign as the best of the Towers of Terror...even though Tokyo's is undoubtedly the most beautiful.

Rayray

S.E.A. said:
the main stories of the Florida ToT and the Tokyo ToT are too different, Florida's is supposed to be ominous from afar and had its own area built around it while Tokyo's had to blend in to the pristinely themed surroundings and is a major component of the park's clearly visible skyline.

according to CM previews, the Tokyo Tower is gonna be a bit dissapointing. (Makes sense considering it's pretty much the same as the DCA version, not having the 5th Dimension room and all) It seems, Florida's Tower will still reign as the best of the Towers of Terror...even though Tokyo's is undoubtedly the most beautiful.

That's sad about the ride system. They could definitely plus one up on the Florida version if WDI wanted to. At least the architechture is cool.

eikni

I went on Thursday, and the tower looks completely done. One of the back access doors was open and they were vacuuming the hallway. I don't know if that is cleaning up finishing construction inside or just weekly maintenance. I'm kind of bumbed that there is no soft opening yet. They also have merchandise for the ride already. They have pins, hats, a commerative small poster with an optional frame, and a tshirt. I picked up a tshirt for 2500 yen(~$22 dollars at current rates), which was of course so cheap because it advertises the ride.

Madison

For my money, the DCA 'Tower' is superior to that in Florida. The 'fifth dimension' scene is poorly implemented and takes the ride experience down a notch or two. DCA's 'Tower' is leaner and shorter, but the story is tighter as a result and the newer show elements are far more engaging than what is shown in Florida.

WDWFantasmic

Just what is everybody's problem with DCA's version? I understand that this is a WDW forum and all, but geez.

Here are several reasons why "I" think DCA's version is superior.

- The 5th dimension room is highly overrated. It's dark, and absolutely pointless. You can even make out the tracks in which the vehicle is guided on, and this ruins the illusion. The whole room just resembled a cheaply designed hallway; makes me feel that this was just thrown in there for the sake of the Twilight Zone theme.

- The drop sequence is much, much better at DCA. At MGM Studios, the sequence is pre-programmed. This means that unlike DCA, there's no guarantee that you will get the huge drops. With that stated, DCA's gives you much more airtime than the tiny ups and downs of MGM's, especially during that sudden rise.

- As far as the ride goes, DCA's makes more sense, especially as it pertains to the Twilight Zone. The show involves the guests more, and riders are supposed to be a part of that fateful elevator ride. The horizontal movement of MGM's always felt like an excuse to get from shaft to shaft. The horizontal movement also makes the ride more vulnerable to falling park maps or infering radio signals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom