Disney Reward Dollars & Gift Cards

Hi,

We are heading down to WDW Friday.

I have a number of rewards dollars (from disney visa) transfered onto the rewards card. I also have a couple of gift cards.

Can these be used to pay the room charges / room bill at the end of the stay?

Thanks!

Pooh Lover

Yes. I usually go down to the hotel desk the night before we leave and apply the gift cards and reward dollars to the bill. At that time they will print you an itemized bill reflecting the payments.

Have a great vacation!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As the PP mentioned, you will want to pay before you actually check out. You should be able to request that they not give you the quick/easy/automated check out, but then you will need to actually check out on your last day. And there is always the change they may overlook that request and charge your credit card anyways. If you stop down earlier you can apply the gift/reward cards at any point.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Sure can! we typically go to the front desk nightly and pay off the room charges with the gift cards to avoid our credit card from being charged at the end of our stay!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

You sure can! Just go down to the front desk BEFORE midnight on the last night of your stay. If you don't all of the charges will be put on the credit card you leave on file (if you choose to do so). Also, please be aware that if you have multiple giftcards then it may take a while to enter the cards into the system so be patient. I once had the pleasure of entering in 50 giftcards into the system and it took me a good 20-30 minutes to do it. Just a word of warning. =)

Upvote 0

Rob562

One More Question -

Do the carts for snacks/drinks take GC or Rewards Card?

Say the Beer car in Germany or for a churro at Magic Kingdom?

Thanks

I don't know how the rewards cards work, but a Disney gift card can pretty much be used everywhere in the park that takes plastic. And because most stands have to have a terminal to handle room charges and Dining Plan snacks, there are very few places you *wouldn't* be able to use it. (Those exceptions are pretty much walk-around vendors like balloons, glow-cart sales, the roaming snack vendors in the Fantasmic theater, etc)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

The reason we put the cards and rewards dollars against the room at the end of the trip is so we don't end up forgetting to use them during the trip or having any left over on any of them. When you put them against your room charges, you won't be worrying about which place takes them and which doesn't and you are sure they are empty when you leave. Much easier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom