Votes: 50 36.8%

Votes: 38 27.9%

Votes: 13 9.6%

Votes: 5 3.7%

Votes: 30 22.1%

• Total voters

PhilharMagician

Original Poster
How many of the 5 Disney resorts have you visited?

Disney Land
Walt Disney World
Tokyo Disney
Disneyland Paris
Hong Kong Disneyland

Unfortunately I have only visited WDW. We plan on going to DL in 2007.

Epcot82Guy

I've done the American parks, but I hope to return to DL and make the trek overseas sometime in the not exceptionally distant future.

justducky78

I've only been to WDW but would like to visit Tokyo and Paris someday.

I've been outside the gates of DL but we didn't go in. We shopped downtown Disney, though! We'll do DL the next time we're in CA. It was way too cold and we didn't have enough time.

I have to say, though - I was so disappointed by the motels/restaurants, etc that surrounded DL. I've heard about it being commercialized (that's why Walt bought up all the land for WDW) but you really don't understand it (at least I didn't) until you're actually there.

It was kind of sad and didn't at all give me that magical feeling I get at WDW. Just driving up to WDW, I get goosebumps, but driving up to DL, it was so seedy and gross. I hope when I DO actually visit the inside of the park, it will revive that magic for me.

MissM

Only WDW. Unfortunately, I've never been to any other place that has one. (And yes, this includes never having been to the West Coast as sad as that is to say.)

Some day maybe.
-m

col

i have been to WDW many times.

i would not go to DLP or any other one coz the money it would cost me to go there i would rather spend on a holiday to WDW even if it was only for a week thats plenty of time for me to do everything.

DisneyDellsDude

I've only been to WDW.

But next on my list to try to go to in my life would be...
first Disneyland Paris
and then Disneyland.

I'm not that interested in TDL or HKDL right now.

Philmvt

Been there done that...

I have had the pleasure of going first to DL with a sister in law who spent all day saying, "WDW is ever so much better" and the nI went to WDW and there was no castle, but a pink cake! That cake was pretty sweet though cause I now try to go to WDW every 6 weeks, now that I live in FL:sohappy:

tecowdw

justducky78 said:
I've only been to WDW but would like to visit Tokyo and Paris someday.

I've been outside the gates of DL but we didn't go in. We shopped downtown Disney, though! We'll do DL the next time we're in CA. It was way too cold and we didn't have enough time.

I have to say, though - I was so disappointed by the motels/restaurants, etc that surrounded DL. I've heard about it being commercialized (that's why Walt bought up all the land for WDW) but you really don't understand it (at least I didn't) until you're actually there.

It was kind of sad and didn't at all give me that magical feeling I get at WDW. Just driving up to WDW, I get goosebumps, but driving up to DL, it was so seedy and gross. I hope when I DO actually visit the inside of the park, it will revive that magic for me.
I agree with you 1000% about Disneyland. I also was a bit disappointed with my first visit to DL. I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel with a room facing west. The main memory I have today was the view of the high tension power lines crossing the horizon. I remember being so put off by that. Magical, huh?
:eek:

Just think, if you would have gone into the park, you could have seen how tiny the castle is! I remember my first thought of walking down Main Street being "that's the castle?"
:confused:

These 6 or so years later, that's really about all I remember of my visit to DL. Isn't that sad? Being my first visit, and after many WDW visits, I guess I had certain expectations for Disneyland.

This was before the California Adventure park and the Grand Californian though. I am returning to DL in September (staying at the GC) and hope I get enveloped in much more of that magical feeling than before. I just can't miss the 50th Anniversary celebration. Frankly, if it wasn't for that hype though, I probably wouldn't have bothered since it's a 4 hour flight for me. :hurl:
Thank goodness WDW is only a 2 hour flight away (truth be told, I wish I lived only 2 driving hours away from it).
:p
LONG LIVE WDW!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom