Disney Resort - Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

rravindra

Hello

My family and I are planning to visis WDW in June and have booked our vacation at the above resort for the 7 day and 6 night package. My famli consists of 3 kids and the couple.

This is our first visit to WDW and would like to knowif we have chosen the correct resort where our kids will enjoy ( 12, 12 -twins & 7).

I am not sure as to how the theme park tickets are given out, considering there are only 4 theme parks and a few water parks which will not interest us as we don't swim.

Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Can someone explain as to how is that the operator never mentioned anything about Swan and Doplhin special rate when I called to book my vacation.

Thanking all in advance.

RR

Nemo14

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

First of all - you've booked a great hotel - it's one of our favorites, and many people here on the boards love it too. I'm assuming you'll be using the pull-out bed for your 7-year-old. There are plenty of things to do at the resort, and your kids will love the pools, even if they don't swim. There's a great selection of food at the food court, but be sure to have breakfast at least once in the sit-down restaurant (Boatwright's)! Your tickets are probably Park-Hoppers, which will let you visit more than one park each day. First time visitors don't realize just how big the Disney parks are, and how much time it takes to see them. BTW, you won't have enough time to see and do everything, so keep that in mind.
I strongly suggest that you pick up a good guide book to help you plan your visit. Personally I like the "Unofficial Guide", but there are others with lots of good information.
You didn't mention if you chose to have the dining plan. For your family, it would probably be a worthwhile investment. There are several threads about this on this forum, so you might want to do a search about that. Either way, if you want to eat in some of the fabulous Disney restaurants, you'll need to make reservations ahead of time for that.
There is really a wealth of information here on this forum, and our members are always ready to answer any questions you may have, so don't be afraid to post more questions as you plan your trip.
BTW, when are you going to WDW?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

rravindra said:
Hello

PS: Can someone explain as to how is that the operator never mentioned anything about Swan and Doplhin special rate when I called to book my vacation.
RR

If you were calling disney, it is because those hotels are not owned/operated by disney which is the same reason that you can't use DME when staying at those hotels.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom