Disney Resort Card Keys

WDWfreak89

I know evey year that the disney resort card keys change and I have 2000 2001 and 2002 but I cant make it down there this year and was woundering if anybody could post a picture of the 2003 card so I can see it. Thanks

DisneyCP2000

tadaaa

Attachments

• ticket1.jpg
    ticket1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

Woody13

My 2003 Resort Room Card looks a lot different. Mine was valid for charging so maybe that is the difference. I'd post a picture but I'm not too savy about how to do that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

CamCodey

Question ??

Why does WDW give you a sturdy plastic card for your length-of-stay & room key for anywhere from 1 - 14+ nights, but a cheap-o paper ticket for APs?? At one time last week I had 20 different cards to keep track of: 5 from Contemporary, 5 for E-Ride (also plastic Tinkerbell) and 5 for OKW AND, of course, our 5 APs!!! Somehow I was able to keep them all straight & we always had the correct room key when we returned at the end of a long day. Maybe there's a logical answer, I'd just like to know if someone can dream one up.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by spagofreep
Mine was valid for charging and looks exactly the same at the one posted....maybe they were using up all of the old stock.

Ditto that, mine was for charging, contained Ultimate Park Hoppers, and had Wish info on it but still looked the same.

Upvote 0

goaler

Re: Question ??

Originally posted by CamCodey
Why does WDW give you a sturdy plastic card for your length-of-stay & room key for anywhere from 1 - 14+ nights, but a cheap-o paper ticket for APs??

enquiring minds want to know :lol:

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Re: Re: Question ??

Originally posted by goaler
enquiring minds want to know :lol:

I suppose you aren't using your AP's on Door Locks or running them through Credit Card Machines, so it's not necessary for it to be as strong.

:confused:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Woody13
My 2003 Resort Room Card looks a lot different. Mine was valid for charging so maybe that is the difference. I'd post a picture but I'm not too savy about how to do that sort of thing.
They changed cards on March 1 when the 100 YOM was over. We checked in on Feb 28 and got the 2002 style card. When we switched rooms on March 2 we got the new version with Tink.

Upvote 0

Hurricane

Re: Question ??

Originally posted by CamCodey
Why does WDW give you a sturdy plastic card for your length-of-stay & room key for anywhere from 1 - 14+ nights, but a cheap-o paper ticket for APs?? ]

If you are a local you will keep your AP in your wallet so you are prepared for a visit anytime, a plastic pass takes up less space than the credit cards. Personally I like the new AP's, they used to be large laminated drivers licenses, much better now

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:lol: Ah Hummmm What ???? That was funny-- I was just talking to Disney Res. to verify my room request and we were talking about-- "WHY" ? don't they make the annual and seasonal passholders tickets out of plastic???

My reason-- It has not been working right, takes two or more times to register at the turnstile, and!!!! Ours got wet on the rapids ride at AK. :( Wonder why ?? can't imagine? As did we-- soaked to the bone. :eek: :lol: We had them in our pockets--- Oh My!! We were lucky that they did work after they dried out--
( with a little patience, and an explaination to the CM )

Really would be a lot better if they were not paper. I should not think it would cost that much??

As far as the Tinkerbell theme, I guess they are using her on all of the new--

Our CM'S said on a different thread, that their new name tags had a Tinkerbell design on them tooooo

"3" more days utill I am on my way--:D Will let you know if mine has Tinkerbell toooo Are different hotels different ? maybe ? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by spagofreep
Mine was valid for charging and looks exactly the same at the one posted....maybe they were using up all of the old stock.

BINGO! The card I looked at was from late February, 2003 so they hadn't switched to the new design yet. As I looked back through my old cards going back about 20 years, I noticed the same thing. I should have known better. Sorry.

Upvote 0
i have to go to a resort this year. i dont kno if i will though. maybe in december. But if i dont ill really sad. i really like tink and it would be a great present for a friend who freaks over tink

Upvote 0

rokcandy

Originally posted by Woody13
BINGO! The card I looked at was from late February, 2003 so they hadn't switched to the new design yet.

Yeah. They switched it sometime during the end of March - the CM that checked us in said the design was brand new.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom