Disney Reimagines Its Stores to Be More Like a Vacation

lazyboy97o

That photo is so soulless. The minimalist aesthetic works for Apple Town Squares [:rolleyes:] because it is part of Apple’s brand. Being late to a now cliche retail aesthetic isn’t going to help Disney sell merchandise that is more expensive and often less interesting/unique than what is offered by other retailers.

tl77

I just wrote in the Disney Quest thread that if they make the Disney Stores bigger with more immersive themes I'd be more likely to go there. I do like that it's more tied in with the parks and parades, but it looks like one of their outlet stores, or a cross between the Children's Place and an Apple store. The main reason I drive out to an actual Disney Store is all the immersive themeing, it's like a special event. You can buy all their stuff online, and see the parades on YouTube, so this new look makes me completely disinterested in going there in person.

I feel like every Disney Store in the mall should have a Star Wars store on one side of it and a Marvel store on the other but all be connected inside the way Victoria's Secret has their additional PINK stores next to them, or The Gap will have a Gap Kids and a Baby Gap all next to each other, with individual entrances that all connect inside.

A Star Wars store should look like the Star Wars Launch Bay at the Hollywood Studios, have Star Wars video games to play and/or the Star Wars Battle Pod Arcade Machines inside. Disney stores should focus on the classic Characters and Parks, you should be able to buy a Dole Whip or something at a Disney Store, make it like a mini vacation or a "preview" of Disney Parks Vacation for people who have never... Malls and brick and mortar stores are dying all over the country, the only places that survive these days offer some type of unique experience or environment, and this new design makes the Disney Store less unique to me

RoyalFool

Always wondered why they didn't incorporate more of the park into the shops, maybe make micro-disney parks which have one ride, a behind the scenes tour and a massive shop/dining area attached to it and themed after the ride itself.

This new shop looks a lot the Disney pop-up shops we have in the UK, basically when they lease the building for only 6 months because they can't keep them in business long enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom