Disney & Pixar G vs PG Ratings

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I have a bit of a request- A coworker that I am close with has a young daughter about to turn 1. This is his first child, and when I heard how much his kid already loves Mickey, I told him I’d put together a Disney & Pixar movie recommendation list, so he and his wife can pick and choose what they want to watch (as well as what their daughter might become obsessed with).

I’m a 90s kid, so I grew up with all of the Disney Renaissance movies, as well as everything else my sister and I could rent at the movie stores. Outside of the Black Cauldron, everything was rated G, and continued to be this way until the Incredibles. Now, almost everything that comes out is PG... but isn’t exactly as scary as Snow White or Pinocchio, or contains less adult humor that Toy Story. I’ve caught The Lion King and Beauty & the Beast on tv recently, and they’ve been rated PG... even though their theatrical ratings are G.

What I’m looking for are recommendations about what would have been a true PG today (I’m sure Snow White and Pinocchio fall into that category), and what has been released recently that should have been G (Tangled falls into this category for me).

I’m sure the baby will be fine, whenever they begin to introduce her to movies (I watched Hunchback when I was 5, and it’s still one of my favorite Disney films, and my parents have said that my sister & I watched Snow White 45 days in a row, despite being scared). The guide will also cover things like how many songs are in it, whether or not it’s a princess movie, Animation type, film length, and the type of story (Robin Hood- adventure, Beauty & the Beast- romance, Toy Story- friendship)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom