Disney Parks Take Top Rankings

landauh

Original Poster
Themed Entertainment Association/Economics Research Association (ERA) released its annual report that ranks the top commercial theme parks around the world based on attendence numbrts and figures, including statistics and financial reports gathered by ERA. Disney theme parks ranked in the top 8 of 25 amusement parks worldwide as well as the top 5 in the top 20 North American amusement parks. Disney also took top spots in the Asian/Pacific Rim and European amusement/theme parks and U.S. water parks categories.

Top 25 Amusement / Theme Parks Worldwide
1. Magic Kingdom Park
2. Disneyland Park
3. Tokyo Disneyland
4. Tokyo DisneySea
5. Disneyland Paris
6. Epcot
7. Disney-MGM Studios
8. Disney's Animal Kingdom

Top 20 North American Amusement / Theme Parks
1. Magic Kingdom Park
2. Disneyland Park
3. Epcot
4. Disney-MGM Studios
5. Disney's Animal Kingdom

Top 10 Asian / Pacific Rim Amusement / Theme Parks
1. Tokyo Disneyland
2. Tokyo DisneySea

Top 25 European Amusement / Theme Parks
1. Disneyland Paris

Top 15 U.S. Water Parks
1. Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
2. Disney's Blizzard Beach

EPCOT_Man

This isn't suprising. Disney has always been on top. I'm not suprised that Magic kingdom is beating Disneyland. Disneyland is in a smaller resort than WDW, so it makes sense to go to WDW for more stuff to do. It makes sense in people's eyes, so they'll go to WDW, not DL.

JWG

This is why I have doubts that Disney would ever really get out of the theme park business as people speculate.

Of course, they were first and foremost an animation company and we've seen what's happened there so logic suggests they may very well dump what they're known for...

With the new Siemens deal, with the recent Nestle deal (recent as in the last few years), Expedition Everest... it appears effort is also being put into the theme parks again. Even Disneyland has been getting its fair share of love since the 50th anniversary celebration on.

mickey5888

I like that they're tops in water parks, even though the water parks aren't one of the main features of Disney World. It was actually a bit of a surprise to me because there are some huge water parks in the U.S.

mkepcotmgmak

I like that they're tops in water parks, even though the water parks aren't one of the main features of Disney World. It was actually a bit of a surprise to me because there are some huge water parks in the U.S.

but those huge waterparks (like schlitterbahn in new braunfels texas) do not have the revolving door of tens of thousands of *new guests* arriving weekly...

mkepcotmgmak

This is why I have doubts that Disney would ever really get out of the theme park business as people speculate.

who has ever speculated that disney is getting out of theme park business? aren't the theme parks the heart and soul of the company - bringing in more revenue than feature films?

JWG

who has ever speculated that disney is getting out of theme park business? aren't the theme parks the heart and soul of the company - bringing in more revenue than feature films?

I've read several threads discussing Disney's "desire" to sell its theme park ownership. I didn't say I believed them.

To be honest, I can't remember if it was this site or one of the "other" disney discussion forums that had the threads. Several people "in the know" (just as in the know as the transportation drivers - so you know they're credible :animwink: ) debate this.

I tend to disagree.

the-reason14

Go Disney its ya birthday, not really, but go anyway. Go Disney, its ya birthday, not really but go anyway.

This is not really that much of a surprise, but its still good news to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom