Disney Parks Special Live Event 4/20/22

SplashJacket

Original Poster
7E1492C7-2A16-49F2-9E90-0CBD9487E37C.jpeg

Tom P.

It's a multi colour Small World float and has nothing to do with what you are insinuating...
I watched the footage and even as a staunch conservative who has been accused of being a homophobe on this very board, I found nothing wrong with that float. I do, however, object to the removal of the traditional "American flag" ending and wish they had simply inserted the new float before it rather than replacing it.

Epcot82Guy

I'm unsure on this one. I really like the idea - and the use of IASW works well. My problem is it still feels like virtue signaling to sell these films vs. an authentic statement of togetherness and "one world". I guess I just struggle to feel Disney is being authentic these days, so it trickles into this execution as well.

AdventureHasAName

I'm unsure on this one. I really like the idea - and the use of IASW works well. My problem is it still feels like virtue signaling to sell these films vs. an authentic statement of togetherness and "one world". I guess I just struggle to feel Disney is being authentic these days, so it trickles into this execution as well.
It's also lazy and cheap, in addition to being political. You know what every other float in the parade has? Humans representing the characters. Actual human beings either as face characters or dressed in a costume as a cartoon character. They weren't about to pay for another 15 human beings in costumes on that "grand" finale float, so they used Mary Blair so Disneyphiles would be afraid to criticize them for taking the cheapest way out (again).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom