Disney Park Pass bug relating to theme park reservations for renewed Annual Passes

disneygeek90

I expire Sept 14, renewed last month. Won't let me book anything past a "free" day on Sept 15. I hadn't had anything on the calendar since reservations have been easy to get lately... so I hope the mad rush to buy AP's doesn't effect the calendar availability too much.

Honestly a pretty inexcusable "glitch".

donsullivan

Premium Member
Same here. My current AP runs out tomorrow but was renewed back in July. I still have reservations in the system after tomorrow but cannot make any new ones. I guess I’ll check on Friday and see what happens.

ToTBellHop

There are glitches with new passes, too. I upgraded a 4-day park hopper to a Sorcerer Pass (new) that I’ll activate 10/8. It says it expires 2/5/22, obviously in error. I was able to book for October and will clear this up with them later.

Mr. Toad

There are glitches with new passes, too. I upgraded a 4-day park hopper to a Sorcerer Pass (new) that I’ll activate 10/8. It says it expires 2/5/22, obviously in error. I was able to book for October and will clear this up with them later.
I am also needing to upgrade our park hopper passes to Sorcerer Passes. Which number did you call - new tickets, existing tickets, or DVC member services (or does it really matter)? Not that I expect to actually get through on any of the numbers anytime soon.

Another question I have is does anyone know how long they give you to activate the new annual passes? If my math is correct (I asked Siri so I haven't verified it) the expiration date of 2/5/22 is exactly 150 days from today. Could this mean that you only get 150 days to activate a new annual pass now (I hope that is not the case)?

Last edited:

JohnD

Here's a bug in the opposite direction: I'm a Silver Passholder which expires in March so can't renew right now. I'm staying off-site from 9/30 to 10/6. I knew I would be limited to 4 park reservations (up from 3) starting today. I had park reservations for 10/1-3, so I thought I would only be limited to one more on 10/4. Nope. I can still add four on top of the three I already had. Not complaining. I added 10/4 and 10/5 which I did want. I also added 10/6 for my check out day just in case. I could add 10/7 so added 9/30 instead. Total of 7 park reservations.

Last edited:

Gillyanne

My family has 3 WDS and 1 gold. The gold expires tomorrow, and already has the renewal; the rest are good for a few months. We already have 3 park reservations for week after next, so I just tried what @JohnD mentioned above and I was also able to book an additional day for a 4th reservation, but only on the 3 WDS passes (that are still good for a few months). If I add in the user w/ the gold pass, I only have through tomorrow to book (per the other glitch).

Now the question is, do I book the 3 passes for the 4th and 5th day while I can, and hope I can get the 4th & 5th in either on Friday or that week for the gold pass; or do I just let it be and stick with the original of waiting until the night after using 1....

ToTBellHop

I am also needing to upgrade our park hopper passes to Sorcerer Passes. Which number did you call - new tickets, existing tickets, or DVC member services (or does it really matter)? Not that I expect to actually get through on any of the numbers anytime soon.

Another question I have is does anyone know how long they give you to activate the new annual passes? If my math is correct (I asked Siri so I haven't verified it) the expiration date of 2/5/22 is exactly 150 days from today. Could this mean that you only get 150 days to activate a new annual pass now (I hope that is not the case)?
Call the “existing tickets” line.

Gillyanne

My family has 3 WDS and 1 gold. The gold expires tomorrow, and already has the renewal; the rest are good for a few months. We already have 3 park reservations for week after next, so I just tried what @JohnD mentioned above and I was also able to book an additional day for a 4th reservation, but only on the 3 WDS passes (that are still good for a few months). If I add in the user w/ the gold pass, I only have through tomorrow to book (per the other glitch).

Now the question is, do I book the 3 passes for the 4th and 5th day while I can, and hope I can get the 4th & 5th in either on Friday or that week for the gold pass; or do I just let it be and stick with the original of waiting until the night after using 1....

Oh so I also just noticed this:

on the 1 WDS:

1631118506534.png

And on the Gold:

1631118472644.png

(Even though it's only really 3 held)

disneygeek90

Has anyone called them about this? Curious to see if they're able to bypass the system and book on your behalf. Place your bets on how long this takes to fix?

donsullivan

Premium Member
i haven’t called, but this feels like one of those things that only impacts a small number of people so they pushed fixing it to after launch.

VelocityRaptor

Currently have a Platinum Pass that expires Oct 18 that we renewed around August 18th (60 days before). We have a resort stay the first week of Dec and are unable to book any park reservations after Oct 18 and still can’t book for the resort stay either.

DismomP

Currently have a Platinum Pass that expires Oct 18 that we renewed around August 18th (60 days before). We have a resort stay the first week of Dec and are unable to book any park reservations after Oct 18 and still can’t book for the resort stay either.
We are in the same boat. We expire Oct 20. Already renewed and can’t make anything after that. We also have a stay in Dec. I did call this morning. On hold for 1 hour (not too bad) they said they are aware and he could make reservations for me. Worst case my new pass will kick in Oct 20th. He wasn’t very helpful in the information dept but he did make me 3 reservations that I now can’t cancel or modify because he made them some way in the back end.

ToTBellHop

I reached out over my particular issue, which is a new annual pass appearing to expire on February 5. I upgraded an existing, unused park hopper to the AP. Apparently the February 5 expiration is just my expiration date to activate the pass. You now get one year to activate an AP. You don’t have until 2030. But if you are upgrading an existing ticket, you get 365 days from the date of the original purchase. I bought my park hopper 2/6/21 so I must activate my pass by 2/5/22 (not an issue). I can’t make park reservations past 2/5/22 until I activate the pass. Just an FYI for anyone upgrading a previously purchased ticket to an AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom