Disney Movie Club!

rufio

Original Poster
So who's in the Disney Movie Club? I've been in it for a year and just finished my commitment and signed up again! I LOVE this club! I'm going to buy the movies anyway, right? I just got my 5 intro movies for $1 TOTAL and 2 bonus movies for a total of $21.95. All on blu-ray! Can't beat that! Who else has been sucked in?

SpectroPhoenix

I'm in the club too and really like it. I recently finished my commitment too and was wondering how renewing worked. How do I renew my commitment so that I get the great 5-movies-for-a-$1 deal? I had the same exact logic of going to buy them anyway as you did. I'm only missing a handful of movies from my Disney collection thanks to this club!

rufio

Original Poster
I'm in the club too and really like it. I recently finished my commitment too and was wondering how renewing worked. How do I renew my commitment so that I get the great 5-movies-for-a-$1 deal? I had the same exact logic of going to buy them anyway as you did. I'm only missing a handful of movies from my Disney collection thanks to this club!

Nope, you can't do it again unless you re-register with a different email address. Just remember that the choices for the movies when you sign up are limited.

SpectroPhoenix

Thanks, that's what I thought. Part of me was wondering if they'd notice that it was a new e-mail address, but same shipping address/credit card, but then I realized that they probably don't care as long as they get my money :p

ExtinctJenn

We were in it for a few years. We met our committment almost immediatley and then just sort of "hung out" in it for awhile. I loved the movie club exclusives like the pins etc. We ended up dropping it about a year or two ago though. We really like buying the blu-ray combo packs that come with the DVD as well. We have a blu-ray player in our living room but DS6 has a DVD player in his room so having both just works out really well. We started realizing that we could get the blu-ray combos at Wal-Mart or Target for way cheaper than the blu-ray (non-combo) through the club and decided to drop it. We get the things in the mail inviting us back all the time and, while they do have some of the combo packs now, we just can't justify $39.99 for a blu-ray when we can pick it up during it's release week for closer to $19.99.

rufio

Original Poster
We were in it for a few years. We met our committment almost immediatley and then just sort of "hung out" in it for awhile. I loved the movie club exclusives like the pins etc. We ended up dropping it about a year or two ago though. We really like buying the blu-ray combo packs that come with the DVD as well. We have a blu-ray player in our living room but DS6 has a DVD player in his room so having both just works out really well. We started realizing that we could get the blu-ray combos at Wal-Mart or Target for way cheaper than the blu-ray (non-combo) through the club and decided to drop it. We get the things in the mail inviting us back all the time and, while they do have some of the combo packs now, we just can't justify $39.99 for a blu-ray when we can pick it up during it's release week for closer to $19.99.

Yeah, you can definitely get them cheaper. I guess to me the 5 movies for $1 at the beginning evens everything out! Not to mention a lot of my commitment titles are pre-orders!

Malvito

The virtues of the Movie Club really depend on what you are looking for. If all you are looking for is the newer material, you would be better off going online (www.dvdpricesearch.com is a favorite pricing website, though it has its limits, like anything else).

I love the opportunity to obtain movies which are not going to be Megasellers (Ten Who Dared, Tonka, Two Men On The Mountain ... in short, older material). The Zorro series is there if you missed the Walt Disney Treasures tinned edition. I like the Science of Imagineering DVDs, and find that they are less expensive, in the long run, than trying to get them elsewhere, especially if there is a Buy One Get One At Half Price sale going on. And, I must say, I love some the tchochkes, such as the Christmas tags, and it is fun to occasionally indulge in a pin or two, despite not being a rabid pin collector.

After you have met your commitment, you have the opportunity to take advantage of the deals -- Buy One, Get The Rest Half Price; Free Shipping With One Regularly Priced Item; etc.. Like with anything else, you have to keep an eye open for what sort of deal might be available.

Sometimes the pickings and/or deals will be better than others; I have gone for months without purchasing, followed by months of purchasing.

And my wife lights up when we get a new mailing.

So, yeah, definitely worth it for me.

rufio

Original Poster
The virtues of the Movie Club really depend on what you are looking for. If all you are looking for is the newer material, you would be better off going online (www.dvdpricesearch.com is a favorite pricing website, though it has its limits, like anything else).

I love the opportunity to obtain movies which are not going to be Megasellers (Ten Who Dared, Tonka, Two Men On The Mountain ... in short, older material). The Zorro series is there if you missed the Walt Disney Treasures tinned edition. I like the Science of Imagineering DVDs, and find that they are less expensive, in the long run, than trying to get them elsewhere, especially if there is a Buy One Get One At Half Price sale going on. And, I must say, I love some the tchochkes, such as the Christmas tags, and it is fun to occasionally indulge in a pin or two, despite not being a rabid pin collector.

After you have met your commitment, you have the opportunity to take advantage of the deals -- Buy One, Get The Rest Half Price; Free Shipping With One Regularly Priced Item; etc.. Like with anything else, you have to keep an eye open for what sort of deal might be available.

Sometimes the pickings and/or deals will be better than others; I have gone for months without purchasing, followed by months of purchasing.

And my wife lights up when we get a new mailing.

So, yeah, definitely worth it for me.

I didn't know about the Science of Imagineering DVDs! Thanks!

flavious27

We are part of it. We have built our disney blu ray collection through it. There are some better prices depending on what you are buying and how much. Only downside is that I have gotten a couple of movies without realizing it because my inbox has gotten so filled with campaigns emails.

rufio

Original Poster
We are part of it. We have built our disney blu ray collection through it. There are some better prices depending on what you are buying and how much. Only downside is that I have gotten a couple of movies without realizing it because my inbox has gotten so filled with campaigns emails.

Me too! I just got The Avengers 3D in the mail! I didn't even notice that I had paid for it. :confused:

flavious27

Me too! I just got The Avengers 3D in the mail! I didn't even notice that I had paid for it. :confused:

Thus the problem when you get killed with extra e-mails. The CC I have setup is disney one, so I don't ever see them get charged.

I may get Nemo and Brave, only PIxar blu rays I don't have yet; though I think I am going to wait for the prices to come down on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom