Disney & Marvel Announce First Ever Games Showcase, Airing September 9th

erasure fan1

I'll be interested to see what they announce. I'm guessing not a whole lot. They'll hopefully show some gameplay or at least give us something from the games we know about, like eclipse, Indiana Jones, the open world star wats game... I would be floored if we got anything new outside of some small games and mobile stuff.

erasure fan1

Well, I nailed that one. Lol

It was pretty bad. It tried to be something cool but really failed. The new Mickey game looked interesting but it's a switch game so thumbs down on that. I was really hoping for some actual info on some of the big games we know about but oh well.

Gillyanne

Dreamlight Valley isn't only for the Switch, it's just one of 4 current options. It just came out for early access (paid) on Tuesday. It's going to be free to play starting sometime next year. Platform availability may expand then too. Currently you can get it on Xbox, PlayStation, PC & Switch. I've been playing it on Switch. The thread just below this one (currently) is about/for the game.
Screenshot_20220910-141231~2.png

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
He was talking about the Mickey and friends sidescroller that got announced, not Dreamlight Valley.

erasure fan1

So because its on the Switch automatically means its a bad thing?
Well if you don't have a switch, then yea, it's a bad thing. I say thumbs down not because of the game, but because it's only on one platform. I would have been excited for it but it isn't a game that would make me purchase a switch.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
There are games that arent on Switch and that doesnt seem to be a problem for those who might not have a PS5 or Xbox Series X.

erasure fan1

There are games that arent on Switch and that doesnt seem to be a problem for those who might not have a PS5 or Xbox Series X.
I guess it depends. A lot of games that are on PS5 and Xbox, can't easily be ported over because of the switches limitations. In those cases exclusivity is fine. I've never been a fan of 3rd party games being exclusive to any platform. The only time it's ok is when system limitations dictate it. Otherwise, get your game out to the people.

I think you are putting to much into me saying it's a thumbs down. The showcase was bad and the only thing that had me interested was a game I can't play. Hence the thumbs down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom