Disney Magical Express Split Stay Question

ZBSW

Original Poster
We are planning a split stay in early January.
Is it possible to use the DME back to the airport if our second hotel is the Swan, but get picked up at our first Disney Hotel?

Say Jan 1-4 POP Jan 5-8 SWAN.
On the last day we travel back to the POP DME stop and head back to the airport from there.

Thanks for any answer provided.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
No you cannot, since your valid Disney resort reservation expires at midnight on January 4th.
You can book a Mears shuttle from the Swan (which is cheaper than a taxi) or Uber.

Simba's Mom

I agree, I don't think that would work. Whenever I've gotten on DME, they require me to have the letter to show I have a valid reservation.

Weather_Lady

Depending on the number of people in your party (if it's 4 or more), you might be able to hire a private towncar (or UberXL) for about the same price (or less) as you'd pay for a shared shuttle van.

orlandoshuttleservice.com can give you quotes for several companies/levels of car at once (plus ratings and reviews for each), if you're interested in going the towncar route. (I've never used them, but I've been researching and pricing out transportation from the airport to Universal, where we'll be starting off our next trip to Orlando, and if I'm going to spend $80 for my family to get there, I think I'd rather spend it on our own dedicated towncar with meet-and-greet service, instead of hopping in a Mears van with stangers.) :)

Polydweller

I agree, I don't think that would work. Whenever I've gotten on DME, they require me to have the letter to show I have a valid reservation.
Yep. And it's because the DME is not a bus service, it is licensed as an airport transfer service between the airport and a Disney owned and operated hotel. Since the Swan is owned by Tishman and operated by Starwood it is not included in the DME service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom