Disney Magic, grab your kleenex

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
My aunt JUST called me, and her and her husband and two kids are at wdw... and im stuck in tx... thats off the point.... anyway, her oldest son, who is 7 is autistic. this is something they really worried about, because, those of you who don't know, autism can be tough in a place like wdw. there is so much to take in and see it is kind of an overload to a brain dealing with this. i mean, the mk has a room by the child care for autistic kids, it is painted in neutral colors, and nothing is really in there, just a calm relaxing atmosphere... thats off the subject too... well, first of all, he LOVES wdw, which is great! but listen to this story, i almost cried. he wanted to see mickey mouse, to they went to the judges tent, with the other family they are there with, and they stood in line, which isn't fun for us, much less a child, and even a child with autism... they got to mickey's room, and the guy working with mickey noticed that justin was autistic, so he told them if they would let the family behind them go next, he would help them out. he gave them five minutes with mickey all to themselves so that justin would not be in such a huge, excited crowd. if you know someone autistic, then this means something to you, Justin had a blast, and all he can say is, "mickey mouse, mickey mouse..." i am almost crying now, i have a lump in my throat. thanks disney! and thanks to all the cms who uphold the disney way, and really create these magical moments. i could hear epcot music in the background, and they told me they were fixing to watch a fireworks show called illuminations... i kind of laughed, like i didn't know it, and my aunt said, i know why you enjoyed working here so much, and why you want to come back.. that really meant something to me! I LOVE WDW - honestly... a pure love!

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Very happy for you my friend.

If you want Justin to have some real fun and get a good laugh, send them over to the Studios and let him meet Lilo and Stitch....

Oh and go to the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and let him meet Indiana (Try to get Adam or Dean Grimes, any one will do but I personally like these two the best) after the show, as well as the German Mechanic (Make sure its the guy who is extreamly built in the shoulders and has a mostach, hes the greatest with kids)

RU42

That is a great story of the magic that still exists. My son is autistic so I understand everything you are wirting about. That is truely wonderful!

RU

No - I'm not crying - there's just a little pixie dust in my eye.

Enderikari

RU No - I'm not crying - there's just a little pixie dust in my eye.

Yeah, Tink even made it to AL, thanks for the wonderful story. Not that I needed any more resolve, but its stuff like this that makes me know that I am correct in wanting to return to Disney.

aim

:cry: That was such a sweet story! It really did bring a tear to my eye. Disney is usually very sweet when it comes to stuff like this. My cousin has cerebral palsy (i'm not sure if thas how it's spelled) and when we were younger, we all went to WDW. I was too young to remember it though. But, I came across a picture. He was meeting Donald. And he had the biggest grin on his face. You could tell he was truly happy. Disney has always been really, really great when it came to making people happy. And your story really proves that there are still CM's who have the magic in them!

Katherine

That is such a sweet story. These are the things that set Disney theme parks apart from all the other theme parks in the world! Let the disney magic live on!!

barnum42

Nice to know there are CMs who are not controlled by the profit mad driven time-watching heartless suits. More of the same please!

Terrific story and thanks for sharing it.:D

Scooter

It's stories and moments like these that keep me going back to The World.

You can't put a Price tag on Magic.

It's true...Magic DOES live in WDW.

Thanks to The Walt Disney Company and ALL the castmembers in the park that make so many people forget their troubles, if only for a little while, and bring joy and happiness to children of ALL ages all over the World!

:sohappy: :wave: :sohappy: :wave: :sohappy: :wave:

Lokheed

This is exactly why my family moved here last months. After two trips to WDW and witnessing how my son (who is autistic) comes alive in the park, we came to the conclusion that this was the place to be. Now he gets to go 3-4 times per week, and it is a great tool to help expand his social and verbal skills. Better than any therapy session.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by barnum42
Nice to know there are CMs who are not controlled by the profit mad driven time-watching heartless suits. More of the same please!

Terrific story and thanks for sharing it.:D

Or are they?

barnum42

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Or are they?

If CMs were controlled by the profit mad driven time-watching heartless suits then they would not have been allowed to spend extra time on just another client.

The suits are only interested in maximum turnover with minimum spend. They would see extra time wasted on an individual as halting their turnover.

(By the way, I have this low opinion of many Suits – not just those at the Disney Corporation)

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by barnum42
If CMs were controlled by the profit mad driven time-watching heartless suits then they would not have been allowed to spend extra time on just another client.

The suits are only interested in maximum turnover with minimum spend. They would see extra time wasted on an individual as halting their turnover.

(By the way, I have this low opinion of many Suits – not just those at the Disney Corporation)

Disney actually encourages this kind of interaction. Its the kind of thing that will cause a guest to spread a story just like this one far and wide. This story is as good as offering free gold at the turnstiles in the effect it has on people forming an opinion and deciding to visit WDW or other Disney businesses. ITs what makes Disney different in the eyes of many consumers.

I also don't want to give the cast members proper credit here. Many of us really hope that at least once a day, a situation will present itself where we can actually make a guest feel really special. I know I do and I also know others who feel the same way. To me, its not a great day unless I have put a smile on someones face or helped slow or stop the tears with a little extra magic.

Between cast members seeking out the opportunities and Disney encouraging the extra effort, we help turn a theme park business into something just a little different than 6 flags or what have you. And beleive me when I say, the "suits" put a lot of effort into encouraging this behaviour so that cast members who wouldn't otherwise seek out this kind of special contact will feel compelled to at least occasionally do something wonderful. This is as much, (if not more so) a part of the Disney business as rides and attractions.

LouDisney

What a great story. I got tears in my eyes. I love reading stuff like that. I almost cry when I see kids that see Mickey Mouse for the first time and their excitement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom