Disney investment in Dreamworks

RSoxNo1

In Spielberg news, he may be getting a buyout of his 2% gate at Universal Studios. If so, they will probably wind up removing E.T.

In Spielberg news, he may be getting a buyout of his 2% gate at Universal Studios. If so, they will probably wind up removing E.T.
Spielberg and Universal haven't been best buddies for the past couple of years. Mainly because UHS removed ET and both parks removed BTTF. Also both Jurrasic Park River Adventures have the tendency to looked dated all this leads to the fact as of why he cut the deal with Universal Studios now its time of WDW to blow them out of the water since hes joining them.

_Scar

Spielberg and Universal haven't been best buddies for the past couple of years. Mainly because UHS removed ET and both parks removed BTTF. Also both Jurrasic Park River Adventures have the tendency to looked dated all this leads to the fact as of why he cut the deal with Universal Studios now its time of WDW to blow them out of the water since hes joining them.

I think Universal has a better track record with rides than Disney does... don't get me wrong though I bet Disney could make fine Speilberg rides too. But I think Speilberg, like Rowling, would want to go all out but will be disappointed when Disney trys to cut corners in getting cost down.

tirian

I think Universal has a better track record with rides than Disney does... don't get me wrong though I bet Disney could make fine Speilberg rides too. But I think Speilberg, like Rowling, would want to go all out but will be disappointed when Disney trys to cut corners in getting cost down.

Everybody cuts corners, not just Disney; it's part of the industry. Walt's Matterhorn had an unfinished interior, EPCOT Center never got its second ring of countries, and the Dueling Dragons coaster itself looks like any other Six Flags setup. Balancing money and imagination is difficult to do.

Also, Rowling's demands on Universal Creative were far less outrageous than those for WDI.

Disney has made ridiculous cost-cutting moves recently, like not replacing the sound system on POTC, but suggesting they always cut corners and could never make Spielberg happy is pure fanboy drivel.

EDIT: And what has Spielberg given us recently anyway? War of the Worlds? Indiana Jones and the Boring Crystal Skull? Transformers 2 (producer)? Are those really out of place with MLF and SGE? ;)

Im not sure about that. They got rid of an excellent attraction Alfred Hitchcock and replaced with Shrek 4D. Replaced Hannah Barbera with Jimmy Neutron. Replaced the Dynamite Stunt Show with Universal 360. Replaced Ghostbusters with the mediocore Twister. Torched the Wild Wild West Show and replaced it with the god awful Fear Factor live. Their only good replacement was Revenge of the Mummy after they closed King Kong. After reading all this you can see that studios does not even come within an inch of having a better track record than Disney.

_Scar

Im not sure about that. They got rid of an excellent attraction Alfred Hitchcock and replaced with Shrek 4D. Replaced Hannah Barbera with Jimmy Neutron. Replaced the Dynamite Stunt Show with Universal 360. Replaced Ghostbusters with the mediocore Twister. Torched the Wild Wild West Show and replaced it with the god awful Fear Factor live. Their only good replacement was Revenge of the Mummy after they closed King Kong. After reading all this you can see that studios does not even come within an inch of having a better track record than Disney.

Shrek 4D was great right when it opened and we only had a little taste of Shrek (now it seems like he is stuffed down our throats), Jimmy Neutron is the last trace of Nickelodeon in US and I think it was a great move to replace HB just because it attracks SO MANY kids, U360 is a crappy show. FF is a crappy show, Mummy is AMAZINGGGGGGG.

So, I agree with 3 of your statements.

if he would sign with disney what would happen to all the rides in us theme parks would they have to go?
They probably will if he gives them greenlight. But if he does that means US will fall apart and would be a brutal by him unless he is really that mad at them.

Pens24

if he signs with disney they could add jp to ak and bring back the bttf ride in TL:lookaroun...there two of my favorite rides :lol:

if he signs with disney they could add jp to ak and bring back the bttf ride in TL:lookaroun...there two of my favorite rides :lol:
They most likely will since he was angry that they closed BTTF in both parks anyway and was a favorite mine also but i havent rode it since 1999 so it would be great when they add it to TL.

Pens24

They most likely will since he was angry that they closed BTTF in both parks anyway and was a favorite mine also but i havent rode it since 1999 so it would be great when they add it to TL.

I rode the new simpsons ride and it doesn't compare to bttf....i wish that it was still in uso but it would be cool if they but in a similar bttf attraction in TL

spaceghost

Halo in the parks anyone?

Cool as this would be, its really more up to Microsoft than Spielberg and Dreamworks, even if they make a movie. MS is keeping a tight watch on the Halo IP, which is smart. If done correctly Halo in movie form could be huge. Not really sure what you could do in the parks with Halo, but it would be cool. That would definitely be something to draw the tween, teen, and young male demographic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom