Disney Infinity: How Young is To Young?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
My 4 year old daughter is fascinated with Disney Infinity she was watching her older cousins (7 and 9) play and now wants the game herself. I'm not sure if she is ready to play a video game like this yet. Her gaming experience is limited to apps on the iPhone or iPad. - things like Angry Birds and educational preschool apps.

I know it's rated 10+ but it doesn't seem to be a very violent or sexual game? So is the high rating more due to difficult game play?

If you have kids playing, how old are they and how are they doing playing it? Did they have console game experience prior to Disney Infinity?

stevehousse

My 4 year old daughter is fascinated with Disney Infinity she was watching her older cousins (7 and 9) play and now wants the game herself. I'm not sure if she is ready to play a video game like this yet. Her gaming experience is limited to apps on the iPhone or iPad. - things like Angry Birds and educational preschool apps.

I know it's rated 10+ but it doesn't seem to be a very violent or sexual game? So is the high rating more due to difficult game play?

If you have kids playing, how old are they and how are they doing playing it? Did they have console game experience prior to Disney Infinity?

My son has been playing games on Xbox for over a year now and he will be 5 next month. We do not have Infinity yet, but he does want it. His games of choice are the Lego games tht are out! He is Even better at some of them than me!!! I would def let her try and play the one at your families house first to see if she even gets it before buying your own copy.

MOXOMUMD

My daughter loves it. Can your daughter play with her cousins to see if she really likes the game or just the thought that it's Disney characters?

erasure fan1

My 4 year old daughter is fascinated with Disney Infinity

My son is 4 and has no problems with the xbox. We do not have infinity yet but he does love skylanders and he had no problems with it and that is fairly similar. The way I look at it is this, most kids that age just like to run around and explore things even if they aren't really accomplishing anything. They can have a ton of fun just switching out the players and seeing what they all can do. They will grow into it and get better as time goes on. That is how my son is. It is really amazing how quickly he has improved with all the games in a very short time. I say get it if they really want it, if they love Disney I'm sure they will have fun with it.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
My daughter loves it. Can your daughter play with her cousins to see if she really likes the game or just the thought that it's Disney characters?

Well my husband has her playing GTA V as I type. She can steer the car pretty well. She's enjoying exploring the city in the game. Maybe I'll add Infinity to my Christmas List.

Bparso87

My son has played games since he was two now 6 is a wizard on games. My daughter is 4 now and can't get the hang of any game except infinity. She can not build stuff but she loves just playing in the toy box. This is a perfect game for a kid getting used to games.they get the hang of all the controls without getting killed all the time. Another good game for young kids is Lego games since you don't die either.

G00fyDad

I let my son play it. Of course he is 10 though.

I want to know what the deal is with no Mickey, Minnie, or Goofy??

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I let my son play it. Of course he is 10 though.

I want to know what the deal is with no Mickey, Minnie, or Goofy??
There's a Mickey - he's coming out in one of the future waves (unless you were lucky enough to get a free one at D23).

sorcerer-mickey.jpg

Sped2424

The game itself is harmless! all the little tykes I know love it and so far I haven't seen anything to be worried about in the game

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom