Disney in May

May is a wonderful time to go. The weather is fantastic and it's not insanely busy. Many schools are still in before Memorial day. 5 of our last 6 trips have been in May and we are going again this May. We love it!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
We've been going the first week in May for the last 6 years.
We've experience a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes of rain and an average
of around 85 degree weather - and still cool in the shade.

The only thing is the crowds have increased quite a bit over the last few years...probably from me bragging around here about what a great time of year it is to go......wait...forget everything I just said...:lookaroun

May is a horrible time to go.!!!!..you hear that everyone??!!...horrible!!!...:)

Upvote 0

FBullock

Wife & I have been going in May for the last 9 years or so. Yes the crowds are starting to get larger over the last few years but the Flower & Garden show, it's a great time to be there. Weather is great. Weekends do get busy and there are days that local schools come for their end of school trips & you deal with those.

We'll be there again this year & looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

DH & I have gone during the first 2 weeks of May the last 3 years and really enjoyed it. The first year crowds were very small, and we've noticed they've increased the last 2 years. Still, it's nothing compared to the busiest times. The weather has been nice too, although we had a few days that were 97 last year & that was much hotter than we were used to for May. We have rarely had rain, which is great! It will always be one of my favorite times to visit. We're going to try Fall next year & see how it compares.

Upvote 0

Scuttle

I highly recommend the beginning of May. The end of May is when the rainy season starts up. Plus the end of May can get quite hot.

Upvote 0

tehSAC

We are heading down the second week of may. Crossing my fingers that the crowds are not overwhelming.

Doesn't matter though, I'm sure we will have a blast.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We've been Thanksgiving week twice, twice during spring break, once during the summer, once over Veterans weekend and once in October. May was by far our favorite time. We visited the first week of May last year and loved it. The corwds were there, but nothing compared to Thanksgiving week or the sumemr. There was only one small rain shower and we were inside when it happened. It was pretty hot but nothing too unbearable.

We went just this past November for Veterans weekend. We experienced a 10 crowd day at Magic Kingdom that Saturday and then a 2 crowd day at Epcot that Monday. The difference was night and day. According to touring plans, last year the crowds for the first week of May fluctuated between 5-7, which is a bit high and I think touring plans predicts the crowds the first week of May this year to range between 6-8. Looks like the word is out that May is a good time to go!! lol

Upvote 0

plaz10

We've done May the past 2 years. We have gone the first week of Star Wars weekend (unintentionally both times). So it's usually the 3rd week in May.

Weather was gorgeous every day. No rain at all on our last trip. A little hot (upper 80's) but it was not bad. The crowds were easily manageable and if you don't want to go to Star Wars weekend - going to the other parks on SW days = walk on every ride. We went to MK on the SW opening day and we walked on every single ride. Mountains/fantasyland...everything! It was awesome.

I'd recommend going a little earlier in the month as I hear crowds get heavier as the month goes on. But we really enjoyed our time in May!

Upvote 0

Mot

We've been in Feb, mid May, first of June, 3rd week of Oct and 3rd week of Dec. Mid May and June are not horribly busy and can compare to mid Oct. just prior to Halloween. But is there ever a bad time to go to WDW

Upvote 0

JeffnPa

Good to hear we went end of April last time nice weather, this year we are going 3rd week of may up to memorial day, I hope weather is nice but I can't control that. Doesn't matter it will still be fantastic to spend with my family

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom