Disney in December

GoofyTink

ok everyone I've officially made my reservation!!!! I'm staying at the Grand Floridan from 11/30 - 12/5. :xmas: Sooo excited. If you guys don't mind I have a few more questions since I've never been there this time of year....

1. I'm 25 and my boyfriend will be 28 when we're down there....is MVMCP party a good idea for us? I'm obsessed with Christmas so I'd like to go but I'm not sure its something we'll enjoy at our age. I'd love to hear some people's experience with the event.

2. How's the weather? I plan on packing capris and shorts for the daytime and then jeans and sweaters for the night. Will that be ok or will I need a jacket?

3. I got the dining plan as part of my package and would love some suggestions on where to eat. I've only had 3 sit down dinners prior to this trip so I'm open to ideas. I was thinking of going to Liberty Tavern for dinner the night we go to the Christmas party.....is it good?

4. Who's been on Everest? How was it? I'm not a roller coaster fan but I love R N RC.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!:sohappy:

napnet

GoofyTink said:
1. I'm 25 and my boyfriend will be 28 when we're down there....is MVMCP party a good idea for us? I'm obsessed with Christmas so I'd like to go but I'm not sure its something we'll enjoy at our age. I'd love to hear some people's experience with the event.

I'm 27 and my wifes 25, we LOVED MVMCP last year

GoofyTink said:
2. How's the weather? I plan on packing capris and shorts for the daytime and then jeans and sweaters for the night. Will that be ok or will I need a jacket?

Depends on how you take the weather... it will be warm during the days, chilly at night.

GoofyTink said:
4. Who's been on Everest? How was it? I'm not a roller coaster fan but I love R N RC.

If you love RnRC you'll love Everest.

Hope you have a great trip! We'll be there 12/2-12/6 as well.

Upvote 0

slowbee

GoofyTink said:
ok everyone I've officially made my reservation!!!! I'm staying at the Grand Floridan from 11/30 - 12/5. Sooo excited. If you guys don't mind I have a few more questions since I've never been there this time of year....

We're going too... Contempoary from 12/6 - 12/10

GoofyTink said:

Age doesn't mean a thing at WDW. But you will love it. If you love disney and christmas.. there is nothing better. Last year was our first Holiday Disney and we're going back. Make sure you go to EPCOT and spend a day there. The holidays around the world is just a wonderful event. The Candlelight Processional is UNBELIEVABLE.

GoofyTink said:

Who would ever think it would get that cold at night in FLORIDA.. make sure you bring a decent jacket. My wife had a turtleneck and a jean jacket and froze the first night. It will get cold. I'm from chicago, so it wasn't as bad as it get's up here, but some of the people there were dressed as they were going to the north pole.

GoofyTink said:
3. I got the dining plan as part of my package and would love some suggestions on where to eat. I've only had 3 sit down dinners prior to this trip so I'm open to ideas. I was thinking of going to Liberty Tavern for dinner the night we go to the Christmas party.....is it good?

All depends on how much you eat. ?

GoofyTink said:

My 7 year old little girl loves it. It's a blast.

Upvote 0

gboiler1

Welcome to the boards! You are going around our favorite time of the year. Temps, humidity and crowds are down. Maybe we'll see you, we'll be going about the same time, but can't afford GF, we'll be at POFQ.

Sounds like your dress will be appropriate for the days and nights.

You'll love the dining plan. Book reservations early for Epcot sit down restaurants, especially LeCellier. We've never done Liberty Tree, but I hear it's good. You might also consider Crystal Palace, esp if you like Pooh and friends. You'll also have some good options at Grand Floridian, but again reserve immediately.

As for MVMCP, we've never attended, but I know that if you want to catch the special shows and Christmas Parade as well as enjoy the atmosphere, it might be a good option if you don't mind spending the extra $$. If you just want to ride, it's probably not a great idea. Take advantage of EMH's instead.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We love MVMCP and we are a grandma and grandpa! However, we even had to wear gloves that night to keep our fingers from freezing. It was well worth it, though. the lights, the parades, the shows were sooo cool. Enjoy.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

hiddenmickey75

If I were you and I was last year we went to MVMCP twice last year and you'll love it if you like christmas and lighta and parades and decorations. Also I think Chrystal Palace is better than liberty tree. You might also want to try Ohana and chef Mickey.

Upvote 0

Dagger

I'll be 25 for the trip and my fiance is 27 and for me, the thought of Christmas mixed with Disney is wayyyyy too exciting to handle :lookaroun I can't wait!!!!

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

GoofyTink said:
I'm 25 and my boyfriend will be 28 when we're down there....is MVMCP party a good idea for us? I'm obsessed with Christmas so I'd like to go but I'm not sure its something we'll enjoy at our age. I'd love to hear some people's experience with the event.

Not sure what age has to do with it. I would say give it a shot. The holiday shows are great, the parade is gorgeous and Holiday Wishes is even better than Wishes.

GoofyTink said:
How's the weather? I plan on packing capris and shorts for the daytime and then jeans and sweaters for the night. Will that be ok or will I need a jacket?

Variable...but plan on mid-70's to low 80's during the day and 60's at night. You may not need the jeans at night but will need the sweater. We usually go at this time and had daytime temps as warm as high 80's and as cool as high 50's. Plan for anything...but check the forecast just before you leave.

GoofyTink said:
I was thinking of going to Liberty Tavern for dinner the night we go to the Christmas party.....is it good?

Yes...it's very good. I highly recommend it.

GoofyTink said:
Who's been on Everest? How was it? I'm not a roller coaster fan but I love R N RC.

If you love RnRC...you'll love Everest. It's great. Even if you didn't care for RnRC, I'd still say to at least try it once. My 10 year old doesn't care for coasters and loves it.

Upvote 0

Texas84

We go in early December every year. Never had cold weather until last year. An early front came in and we had two wet cold rainy days. And they were not forecast until after we got there! But the rest of the week was normal shorts and t-shirt days & even nights. Watch out for the Pop Warner football players and cheerleaders! :D

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

I am also going to Disney December 1 -10 :xmas: staying at the Grand Floridian and attending MVMCP on the 4th!! This will be our first trip in December too. I am 29 years old and I am really excited about attending the MVMCP I hear wonderful things about it. I ate at the Liberty Tree twice and I think it is a great choice for dinner before the party - good food and a fun atmosphere. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

1995 - Class Trip
2001 - Wilderness Lodge
2004 - Wilderness Lodge
2005- Grand Floridian
2006 - Grand Floridian :xmas:

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Siege898 said:
no matter what you do, see holiday illuminations!

110% agreement here :wave: (Better thant the holiday version of Wishes, IMO, and of the "regular" versions, it's vice versa for me lol)

I think December has, so far, been my favorite time of year to go.

However, we're going to be going in August, in a couple short weeks. I'm sure I'll just fall in love with that time of year!

:lookaroun

*bursts out laughing* :lol:

Okay, ending the sarcasm.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak1978

We're going to WDW in December too and are sooooooo excited, double excitement as we will be there with hubby's bro and his new wife who are getting married on december 2nd!!:xmas:
Never been in december before, have bought tickets for MVMCP and can not wait!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom