Disney Honeymoon

Philo

Original Poster
We are planning to go to DW for our honeymoon in about 18months. The disney registry seems like a great idea but before we can sort that out we have the big question... Which resort to stay at?:shrug:

I've only ever stayed off-site but I've had a look round some of the on-site resorts. I really liked the wilderness lodge and my fiancee really liked the animal kingdom or the polynesian. I think the poly might be too expensive for us but if anyone thinks its really worth while spending the extra then let me know!

PineapplePrincess

Well. . . hopefully you'll only get married once. I highly recommend the poly. We honeymooned there 13 years ago! It's very romantic. Best of luck to you!

Teenchy

Since GF, Poly, WL and AKL are all considered Deluxe resorts I think most of the prices will be somewhat the same. I think it depends on your interest as all are very nice.
Do you like the tropics and beaches, do you like beautiful but more rustic "great outdoors" feel, do you like elegant but not to stuffy or want something more exotic with the feel of something that many of us never will experience...the African culture and Savannah.
Many people think of Honeymoon and they think, islands, beaches, sun. So thats why I think Poly is a good choice. It is also romantic to stroll along the beaches in the evening and see the electrical water pagent and fireworks from the beach. I would suggest if you choose Poly, if you have the $$ to go concierge and visit Tikimans website for everything Poly http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/.

The other most popular choice is usually the GF and a honeymoon suite with a view of Cindy's castle....also very nice.
There is a great book that I have used many times for information here is a link.......
http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-W...2467207?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175009816&sr=8-1

After I said all that....we stayed in the VP suite at the Contemporary for our honeymoon. Very $$$$$ but a once in a lifetime thing!. My wife had always wanted to stay at the Contemp. since her first visit in '75....so I went all out.

You can read about those details in my wedding link in my signature below.

Good luck and Congratulations!

jesserin

The Poly is probably the most romantic and centrally located. But the WL is signifigantly cheaper, not being a monorail resort. All 3 are beautiful resorts. If it comes down to price, a moderate shouldn't be out of the question, You won't get a King bed without booking a suite at the Deluxe resorts. But you can actually book a King room at the Mod's. The Caribbean Beach resort is like a less expensive GF. Port Orleans French Quarter is also small, and romantic. And again... better priced.

If you can splurge - I say go for the poly. If the Poly is barely too much, then go for WL - if it comes down to it and both are seeming a stretch, FQ or CB are great alternatives. :)

Either way, honeymooning in the "world" is fantastic. DH and I honeymooned there for 2 weeks, almost 4 years ago. :)

Philo

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. Teenchy - your wedding sounded amazing!

We went to DLP just over a year ago. We were booked to stay at the sequoia lodge (a moderate / value version of WL) but we ended up only staying there one night because we were offered a free upgrade to the DL hotel - equivalent of GF - no way I was going to turn that down! Both were fantastic. I loved the elegance of the DL Hotel and the Sequoia was really cozy and comfortable.

I checked the Poly and it was almost double the cost of both the WL and AKL so that might be out of the question depending on how much the wedding itself costs.

At the moment its looking more like the AKL although we might split it between the AKL and the Poly as we will be staying for 10 days.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My beautiful wife and I stayed at the WL on our honeymoone. It, by far, is my favorite of the resorts. Disney did an awesome job of secluding this resort, even though you are a short distance to the TTC, Fort Wilderness, and the Contemporary (accross the lake).

We stayed on the concierge level on one of the Honeymoone plans, all inclusive, thing. Well worth the money spent. You have access to walking paths secluded in the woods, a beach on the lake, great pools, awesome decor, a huge fireplace in the huge lobby, one of the better gift shops, and two really great resteraunts. If either of you are the least bit outdoorsy, do it. Save the Grand Floridian for your Golden Years. :lol:

WWallaceII

We are considering the Polynesian for our honeymoon next year. We paid a visit there last year, for a look around - and wow :D I knew then, that I MUST go there at least once.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The Polynesian is a very romantic resort. I book a lot of honeymoons, anniversary and engagement trips to WDW and it's in the top 3. My clients ususally go with the Grand Floridian and the number 1 choice followed by the Poly with Wilderness lodge bringing up the rear.

If you can afford it, go with it. Hopefully a discounted package will come out to help you to save some money. And with the newly refurbished rooms this resort is definately popular so I do suggest you make your arrangements to stay there well in advance.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom