Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Patcheslee

How often will what happen?

Genie+ is always next available.
Eh kinda, SDD availability time was all over the place this morning. Maybe because people are able to cancel and try for a different time, so slots were released. At 9:29am the slot was for 7:05pm, at 9:34am slot was for 3:30pm. 10:50am had 4:00pm slot. And by the time I checked again at 10:56 all were gone and haven't seen any since.

Jeff4272

This is not accurate. The 2nd Genie+ LL would need to come 2 hours after park opening (unless redeemed prior)..

7 AM - Book 1st LL - SDD @ 3:25 PM
11 AM - Book 2nd LL - ToT @ 3:35 PM

1 PM - Book 3rd LL - MFSR @ 5:15 PM
3 PM - Book 4th LL - RnRc @ 6:10 PM

"Two hours after the park opened, we were then able to book access to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror from 3:35 p.m. – 4:35 p.m."
My guess is that was just a typo.......

The real story in that is how was SDD a 3:25pm return time at 7am?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think anyone knew if they were going to release times in blocs throughout the day or just release them all at once. If they were all released at once, you'd need to grab them immediately or else risk missing out entirely.

Knew for sure? Of course not - it's not confirmed until it's done :) But suggested.. and referred to? Oh more then plenty :)

I still say don't assume operations based on a half day of observations. Remember, all these people are drawing conclusions on what they THINK is happening based on what they see, not what they KNOW is happening and has similar outcomes.

If they were all released at once, you'd need to grab them immediately or else risk missing out entirely.
Which is the exact reason I've kept saying Disney would want to avoid. Nothing would inflame customers more than paying for G+ and then not having any availability to use it. And nothing would tank and limit Disney LL/G+ sales more than not having any availability to use.

People with FP burned in their brain are thinking "its available until its not, and then its done..." -- That's just what was done before, not the only way it can be done.

If Disney is really pushing this 'recommendation' scheme it's perfectly viable for Genie to not recommend SM at 10am... but later in the day say "hey, SM can now be riden for just $9!" or similar. This idea of "its gone" being final is something Disney could easily move beyond.. customers just have to recondition themselves to think "if not now, check back later".. or wait for the Genie to recommend.

flynnibus

Premium Member
In the grand scheme of things, think about the amount of “junk” you can spend $15 on at WDW. Getting two hours of your life back is $2 cheaper than a balloon that will be in the trash just days after you arrive home from vacation.

Yup... which is why people will pay... lots of people will pay. Those who hold out on principal will be the lepers.

Where people will have a hard time stomaching it is when they look at the total at the end :) But by then the damage is done and Bob already has your dollars. The penalty will be on the customer satisfaction to decide 'if we want to do that again...' and potentially hurt repeat visits.

LittleBuford

I’ll be enjoying shows, park hopping, taking a break and eating at TS.
I’m genuinely glad your touring style won’t push you to pay extra. While I’d prefer the return of FP+, I’m ready and willing to give the new system a try once I return to WDW. It seems from the early reports that it’s not as bad as some had feared.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not exactly sure how to word it, but there's another major problem with Genie+ (other than it costs money)

When it's slow, you likely dont need it.....

When it's busy, it's likely not worth it...

I think IAS will be worth it always, but Genie+ has a major fundamental flaw

This is why people who keep asking about pre-paying or 'buying for length of stay' are throwing money away. There is no incentive to pre-buy and no reason to buy on all days depending on your particular pattern/time/crowds.

Disney has basically given us an adhoc tool and all people can do it is freakout why it's not scheduled and all the time... :)

hopemax

So as we slide into early evening… SDD sold out at 10AM, Smuggler’s Run is sold out, Test Track return times are out to 8:25, RnRC is 7:20, Jungle Cruise is 7:05. These are the pinch points. And this is at crowd level whatever. Any day more crowded, or higher utilization and these sellouts / long return times should happen earlier in the day unless they take more from Standby.

I just wonder how fast SDD becomes an ILL and does it bump MMRR down or do they go to 3 ILLS, of which you can pay for 2?

RSoxNo1

Dumb question, I'm not seeing a way to add Genie+ to a previously purchased 8 day park hopper. I know they said you would have to wait until day of to add it to APs, but I thought it could be added to park hoppers.

Where should I be looking?

rmclain73

yE
So as we slide into early evening… SDD sold out at 10AM, Smuggler’s Run is sold out, Test Track return times are out to 8:25, RnRC is 7:20, Jungle Cruise is 7:05. These are the pinch points. And this is at crowd level whatever. Any day more crowded, or higher utilization and these sellouts / long return times should happen earlier in the day unless they take more from Standby.

I just wonder how fast SDD becomes an ILL and does it bump MMRR down or do they go to 3 ILLS, of which you can pay for 2?

You can always refresh those for earlier. I was just playing and refreshed at 7:20pm RnRC to 5:40pm.

BaconPancakes

I think new DAS with the pre-registration is delayed. But, I believe I've seen a screen shot of Genie being used to reserve DAS (at the current advertised wait time). You just need to register for it when you enter the park.
So it’s essentially better to get the “free version” aka DAS if you’re willing to “wait” a bit longer. Noted…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom