Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

No company has a clear and simple path to success, and most companies with any longevity have stumbled... some fatally, some not. Microsoft has lost untold billions. The point is... all the companies that failed didn't believe they could fail. They made decisions that they believed would lead to future success, and they ended up making the wrong bet. My only point, which is counter to your point, is that ANY company can fail. None are too big or too smart or too embedded in the Zeitgeist to fail. Just because Disney hasn't YET made its fatal mistake(s) doesn't mean it won't. I have no idea what it would be, or when it will happen... can't even guarantee it will happen, but to suggest with certainty that it can't possibly happen... I've got a bridge to sell... cheap.
Totally agree, nothing is forever. TWDC is diverse, it will turn 100 in 2023 I think its got at least 50 more years after that, probably more. I will not be here to confirm that, that I am certain.

I say for now lets continue to have fun complaining about the company and not call it dead yet. 👍

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We will have to agree to disagree. You feel strongly TWDC will be broken up and it’s parts struggle to survive and I feel strongly (at least in my lifetime) TWDC will continue to “live long and prosper”, ( opps, wrong franchise 😀)

I say in my lifetime because we all agree, nothing is forever, Walt died, I will die, yes, someday TWDC will be no more, the sun will eventually die, taking the earth with it..
You don’t have to worry…it will outlast you…or be bought.

doesn’t mean you want it to suck more and more

Disney Glimpses

Everything they do does seem counterintuitive, but it seems to be working.

Just for laughs I looked at the stock price
on Oct. 14th of 2019 the stock price was $130
Today, Oct. 11, 2021 it closed at $173

I am not an investor and I do not know how fast a "successful" company's stock price should grow, but this seems good to me coming out of the pandemic (or still during a pandemic) depending on who you talk to.
Disney doesn't only run theme parks. And also that includes investors forecasting what the parks will do with full normalcy. If there are any negative affects to parks revenue based on the decisions being made right now, we won't see them for 2-3 years.

SteveAZee

I am not an investor and I do not know how fast a "successful" company's stock price should grow, but this seems good to me coming out of the pandemic (or still during a pandemic) depending on who you talk to.
If you compare DIS to the DOW, which is a fairly stodgy but stable index...

DisDOW.JPG

There's no magic to have invested in Disney. It's the market overall that has done well. NASDAQ has done much better than both, but also has a steeper downside.

Animaniac93-98

So glad I got to experience MK without FP+ or Genie+ or whatever other gimmick.

The park was busy, but it's designed so that you always have something to do thanks to attractions like Tom Sawyer Island and PhilharMagic etc. I was able to do 20 different attractions in 1 day (HM twice), not including any meals or cavalcades. The park was open unusually late and if something had a long line, I just did it later. Other than dining reservations I had no formal plans and just did whatever I felt like doing at that moment (in WDW, imagine that!).

Chi84

Premium Member
We will be there when this starts and I am so excited to attempt to use it day 1 while Vloggers are in there crashing it for a video. There should be zero issues! lol

I should be able to give a detailed report of the first three days of this thing once back. I plan to fully use all the new options, 30min early, 2 hours late in the MK on the 20th and all the Genie+ stuff. Should be interesting!
I feel the same way! We’re going to try out the new systems in advance of our family trip in April. I won’t do the early entry, but should be able to report on the other stuff plus Boo Bash.

Jeff4272

Park Pass is forever. So says Chapek and our insiders.

Now, for most days post-pandemic, there will be availability at all the parks and it'll be easy to switch them around last minute. But, there will be peak times that APers will find themselves locked out of, which will encourage them to always grab a Park Pass as far in advance as they can. Not to mention all those black-out days when WDW knows what groups of APers will not be showing up.

Not to mention that all the day-ticket holders now have to declare when they plan to use those tickets. There are no more anytime day-tickets.
Hotel guests will book park pass way in advance of locals. You still have to book dining 60 days out so most people will know what park they are going to months in advance.

Jeff4272

Nope will not do rope drop, simple as this my attempt at getting everyone to wake up and get ready is NOT WORTH my frustration. Attempted it and closest we came was arrived 5 minutes before RD at AK Everest, stayed to the right side, DH stopping twice due to asthma before reaching the ride trying to keep up with crowd. RD and crowds are not for us, and yes there were people running or else my kid wouldn't have gotten knocked down with a skinned knee.
We have been to Disney more times than I can count and have never once done rope drop and never will. We love the parks at night so we go late and stay until closing. That’s the worst part of this new system, we get penalized the most because will never be awake at 7am to buy IAS or book Genie+. Out top picks will likely be sold out by the time we go to the parks.

We have flipped how we approach our trips to Orlando. We now stay at universal hotels and we will just visit wdw parks for 2-3 days where we used to do opposite and stay at wdw and visit universal. There’s no more benefit to staying onsite without being able to reserve our rides in advance. Universal is cheaper too

Last edited:

cslafferty

if we add Genie+ or IAS day of, how does the payment work? we're traveling with extended family and they are all in my MDE account. We're all on the same reservation together. is there a way to link up different credit cards to different people? or could they create their own MDE account and add their credit card that way? it'd be easier for each family to pay as they go vs trying to determine at the end what the split was
When you get to your hotel, go to the front desk and they can associate different credit cards to different magic bands. My sister travels with us and they associated her card with her band.

Fido Chuckwagon

No. They're not. The "really popular" rides aren't even on Genie+.

When (paper) FastPass was free to EVERYBODY, this only ever happened at Toy Story Mania. It would probably happen at Frozen, Rat, FoP, Rise, etc., but those things aren't on Genie+ anyways.
Attendance was much lower in the paper fastpass days. I don’t think anyone really knows what is going to happen.

Fido Chuckwagon

Not at the IAS attractions, they don't. Those things run full-bore pretty much open to close. We're not talking about running fewer boats in Splash Mountain when it's 60 degrees outside, you're suggesting that they're going to cut back on ride vehicles in things like *Rise of the Resistance.*
I don’t know about ROTR because I don’t know much about how that one is set up, but space mountain and EE they can load fewer cars by using less staff (SM they can close an entire side), so yeah, absolutely I could see more ILL$ sales entering their calculus for how to staff as well.

Jeff4272

You don't have to be in the parks to get a Genie+ selection. Just start checking whenever you do wake up.
Right I agree but if we don’t wake up until 9:30 and we are going to AK that day at 2pm, do you think FOP IAS will be sold out by the time I get to the park? Also do you think safari Genie+ could be gone by then ( or other genie+ rides)?

I would always get FOP for whenever I wanted it with FP+. I would book at 60 days out and make a 7pm FP for FOP so we could see Pandora at night.

UNCgolf

Right I agree but if we don’t wake up until 9:30 and we are going to AK that day at 2pm, do you think FOP IAS will be sold out by the time I get to the park? Also do you think safari Genie+ could be gone by then ( or other genie+ rides)?

I would always get FOP for whenever I wanted it with FP+. I would book at 60 days out and make a 7pm FP for FOP so we could see Pandora at night.

If you're staying on-site you can buy the FOP IAS whenever you wake up (as long as it's 7 AM or later).

I think you can do that even if you're staying off-site as long as the park is open, although I'm not positive about that. I don't think you have to physically be in the park even off-site, though.

Jeff4272

If you're staying on-site you can buy the FOP IAS whenever you wake up (as long as it's 7 AM or later).

I think you can do that even if you're staying off-site as long as the park is open, although I'm not positive about that. I don't think you have to physically be in the park even off-site, though.
Gotcha. I can make at 9:30 when I wake up. I think off site have to be in park. I just can’t choose my return time correct? So if st 9:30am FOP return is at noon and we don’t get there until 2 pm I won’t be able to pick a later time?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The fed pumped $3 T in “quantative easy” starting in November 2019…before covid.

they they doubled it in the spring and threw massive corporate and public stimulus on top.

In layman’s terms: stocks were never going to go down. For a week or two.

rich people don’t tolerate that anymore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom