Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Dan Deesnee

There are many more folks who consider the Disney theme parks a super experience and an excellent value. I am happy to know this. Frankly it keeps the lights on for when I may want to visit once in a while.

For all the folks who won’t return to the theme parks because they feel it’s no longer a value, or we’re literally priced out, there are many, many more who still find value no matter what the prices are or what the offerings are. There are also many, many new visitors who it’s their first time and have nothing to compare to.

TWDC is too big and diverse to fail. There are things I see I do not like that they are doing at my home park, WDW, there are things that excite me at Tokyo. I am a charter subscriber to Disney +, I will not even speak of how much Disney merch our family has purchased over the decades. TWDC is not just theme parks and not just WDW.

This is why TWDC (and it’s theme parks) is invincible

Ironically enough, this is the kind of attitude that leads to industry leaders falling from grace and losing their number 1 status.

Universal is about to change the game dramatically over the next 3-4 years with Epic Universe and new resorts. WDW will need to respond in a big way.

LittleBuford

When visiting the parks, which I only do ever few years now, I like to know I can see both the new attractions and revisit those that I've enjoyed in the past. FP+ and pre-planning allowed me to feel sure I could do this without waiting in standby. The new system doesn't provide me that 'peace of mind' and charges me for the opportunity to hopefully see what I came across the country to see.
I really hope the new system works well for us all. It’ll take some getting used to, but perhaps we’ll grow to like it.

JMcMahonEsq

it doesn’t. But chart the two. It’s not even CLOSE. By an embarrassing amount.
But why would you? There is no reason to ever think or expect that ticket prices would have any relation to inflation. Price is linked to demand. Period. End of discussion. And over the past years demand has continued to rise. So of course prices will continue to rise until you reach a point that demand won’t support it.

JMcMahonEsq

OK, let’s not use the resorts own terminology for thier status, because it’s misleading.

Within the last two months I have been turned away from multiple resorts I wanted to visit. If your contention is that I could have parked in a Disney Springs garage, gone through security, walked to a bus, taken that bus to the resort, and then turned around and reversed the process, yes. But oddly, that would seem to defeat my definition of casual, relaxing resort hopping.

And my understanding is that the resorts status is based on the 50th as much as on the pandemic.
So you can literally resort hop in any one of multiple ways, including walking, bus, Uber, monorail, to a location where they have told everyone that you can’t park at without a resort or restaurant reservation that is somehow having the resorts locked down?

disneygeek90

So you can literally resort hop in any one of multiple ways, including walking, bus, Uber, monorail, and because you are too lazy or stupid to use any of these ways instead trying to drive your car to a location where they have told everyone that you can’t park at without a resort or restaurant reservation that is somehow having the resorts locked down?
There's many reports that even Uber is being turned away if you're not an on-site guest. The gatekeeping at many resorts and especially Boardwalk is entirely too strict.

dreday3

There's many reports that even Uber is being turned away if you're not an on-site guest. The gatekeeping at many resorts and especially Boardwalk is entirely too strict.

Even with a dinner reservation? We were going to Uber from Gran Destino to Riviera for our Topolinos dinner.

disneygeek90

Even with a dinner reservation? We were going to Uber from Gran Destino to Riviera for our Topolinos dinner.
There's lots of conflicting reports and seems to basically be up to the parking guard. I would think with a reservation you should be okay. I've been reading through this thread (hyperlinked for some colorful choice of words). This experience seems ridiculous.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Anytime we travel we let the bank know where we are going and never had a problem with the bank stopping our transactions
The ONLY time I've had issues with my bank was the one trip I let them know I'd be in Maine. IDK why, but I've been to FL numerous times, OK, IN, KY, and TN with no issues. It was just the one time I told them I was going to be travelling.

dreday3

There's lots of conflicting reports and seems to basically be up to the parking guard. I would think with a reservation you should be okay. I've been reading through this thread (hyperlinked for some colorful choice of words). This experience seems ridiculous.

Wow. That's stupid.

I dont even understand why they are doing this? A security issue?

I guess we can catch a bus to DHS or Epcot and take Skyliner over.

Chi84

Premium Member
Loll we’re going to Gran Destino for our Toledo dinner. Staying at CBR so we can just walk over to Riviera for our Topolino’s dinner. A dinner reservation should get you in without a problem. The only issues I’ve ever heard with driving to a dinner reservation involved Christmas and a monorail resort.

dreday3

We stayed at SSR in May and drove to the Contemporary, the Riviera, Kidani and OKW with dining reservations - had no issues.

Honestly, I don't even want to eat at Topolinos, so I won't be hurt if they turn us away. 😉

I have a back up reservation at Enzo's Hideaway I made through Open Table I haven't canceled yet! We may sneak away from the others and go there. 😁

Patcheslee

So do they allow alcohol with to go orders? And how are busses handling it since we're not supposed to take alcohol on them?

Chi84

Premium Member
Honestly, I don't even want to eat at Topolinos, so I won't be hurt if they turn us away. 😉

I have a back up reservation at Enzo's Hideaway I made through Open Table I haven't canceled yet! We may sneak away from the others and go there. 😁
Have you been to Topolino’s and not liked it? We tried it for the first time in May and it was the only restaurant my husband said was a must-do this trip. Of course, we already know that you and he have very different tastes.

dreday3

Have you been to Topolino’s and not liked it? We tried it for the first time in May and it was the only restaurant my husband said was a must-do this trip. Of course, we already know that you and he have very different tastes.

I'm sure it's great! But we are already doing restaurants where "meat" is heavily featured and I wanted pasta. But the pasta portion of their menu is sooooo scaled back since reopening, I'd rather eat at a mom and pop style Italian (southern Italy, Italian-American) for my pasta fix but my brother really wants to eat at Topolinos.

nickys

Premium Member
Wow. That's stupid.

I dont even understand why they are doing this? A security issue?

I guess we can catch a bus to DHS or Epcot and take Skyliner over.
They were doing that right at the start of reopening. Didn’t realise it was happening again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom