Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

I've read a couple time here that changes are coming to G+. Does anyone know when and what the changes will be? They must come with updated software, so the IT dev pipeline must know.

Might need a thread for this...
The only thing that's been announced is starting June 8th you no longer can purchase Genie+ ahead of time. Will only be available day of and sales will be capped. That should go a long way to fixing the problem.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The only thing that's been announced is starting June 8th you no longer can purchase Genie+ ahead of time. Will only be available day of and sales will be capped. That should go a long way to fixing the problem.

Limiting G+ sales will fix the problem of not building enough capacity for the past 15+ years? Will that be a D23 announcement or a Friday afternoon news drop?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
serious question for the insiders... any reason why The Little Mermaid show has not returned or even been talked about? Especially considering that HS can use capacity and with the summer heat approaching would be a perfect thing to get up and running. Pretty sure weve heard rumors the show was supposedly done but come on disney this should be a no brainer right?

mattpeto

serious question for the insiders... any reason why The Little Mermaid show has not returned or even been talked about? Especially considering that HS can use capacity and with the summer heat approaching would be a perfect thing to get up and running. Pretty sure weve heard rumors the show was supposedly done but come on disney this should be a no brainer right?

Jim Hill speculated that they want to see what happens with the live action movie next year before deciding what to do with the space.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Because $

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Because $
I get $$$ seems to be the answer to everything with them but if what insiders are saying is true about Disney really concerned with genie+/guest satisfaction & HS needing capacity desperately why not just re-open this show? Cant say 1 thing but do another especially when one helps to partially solve one of your biggest problems in that park.

drizgirl

I get $$$ seems to be the answer to everything with them but if what insiders are saying is true about Disney really concerned with genie+/guest satisfaction & HS needing capacity desperately why not just re-open this show? Cant say 1 thing but do another especially when one helps to partially solve one of your biggest problems in that park.
They are willing to consider anything to fix the capacity issue. That is, any option that doesn’t involve spending more money. Bonus points if someone can find an option that actually increases cash flow.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

It would add capacity to HS. It wouldn't help Genie+ at all. The majority of people get Genie+ for the major attractions only. Few would use it for shows as the waits are low to begin with.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
They are willing to consider any thing to fix the capacity issue. That is, any option that doesn’t Involve spending more money. Bonus points if someone can find an option that actually increases cash flow.
i get they are a business but you need to sometimes do things that directly doesnt bring n money. This company stinks sometimes yet people like myself keep spending a ton of money to go back.... I will say this tho it still brings joy and magic hence the return but the frustration level is at a boiling point.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
It would add capacity to HS. It wouldn't help Genie+ at all. The majority of people get Genie+ for the major attractions only. Few would use it for shows as the waits are low to begin with.
Fair point but i will respectfully disagree that noone would use it & like you said at bare minimum helps with capacity for a show that yes dated to me still is enjoyable to go see

Jrb1979

Fair point but i will respectfully disagree that noone would use it & like you said at bare minimum helps with capacity for a show that yes dated to me still is enjoyable to go see
People would go see it. It's not what I meant. People wouldn't use Genie+ for it. Just like most didn't use FP for it. Having said that I realized another big problem with Genie+. People only using it for the major attractions.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
People would go see it. It's not what I meant. People wouldn't use Genie+ for it. Just like most didn't use FP for it. Having said that I realized another big problem with Genie+. People only using it for the major attractions.
& i think thats why people may use it if nothing else was available & honestly when FP+ was around i would definitely use FP for this attraction once my initial 3 were up. At least give people that option and as we said add any capacity to a park and im sure you can still sell some merchandise to offset the "cost" of running the show. As much as i love the show i dk why a Moana show was not built here to finally replace this attraction. seemed like it would have been a perfect fit/transition & used that space/$$$ in Epcot for something else.

drizgirl

If Disney is surprised people only want to use Genie+ for big rides then they are in major denial. The problem isn’t what people want, the problem is what Disney has chosen to build.

Jrb1979

If Disney is surprised people only want to use Genie+ for big rides then they are in major denial. The problem isn’t what people want, the problem is what Disney has chosen to build.
One way I do understand why people use it that way. On the other hand it makes no sense to complain that you can only get 2-3 attractions when there is many that you don't want to use Genie+ for. I hear "why would I use it on attraction X when it's only a 20 minute wait?"

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
One way I do understand why people use it that way. On the other hand it makes no sense to complain that you can only get 2-3 attractions when there is many that you don't want to use Genie+ for. I hear "why would I use it on attraction X when it's only a 20 minute wait?"
& my logic to that and even w FP+ is why would you choose to wait anything more than basically a walk on when you can use genie/fp to access the ride unless there was obviously something better closer and make the wait worth it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom