• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Genie, Genie+ officially introduced along with confirmed details of how it will work

Jeff4272

That's short-sighted and mismanagement. The return on investment would be significantly higher if they'd invested that money in the parks themselves by adding capacity. The experience wouldn't be suffering like it has been, they could fit MORE people into the parks, the resorts would be full, etc. etc.
Any additional capital goes to the higher margin side of the business, Disney+ and content. Parks division margins are way lower and that’s why they will just do what they need to to get by, cut costs and invest only the minimum to get by.

that’s why it’s not going to get any better

HoustonHorn

In these respects Ratatouille is a good representative of this idea. High capacity, proven reliability at DLP and people already expect things to settle down fairly quickly in interest level once the newness wears off. They just need at least 3 of these, with a variety in ride systems, in each park.

I am glad it works in Paris. On Monday, my second ride had 5 stops, the second practical effect did not happen, and the third practical effect was severely off-timed. Later, our MMRR also had a stop and then a really really weird screw-up in the Daisy room where there was no sound at all, Daisy was just looking at us, and we were shifting around. Great work, Orlando.

But, the last stop on Rat was amazing - the rat stirring the soup in the upper left looked like he was humping the pot, and his tail looked dangly and NASTY. My mother was laughing uncontrollably, and still is. So that's...something.

G00fyDad

That's short-sighted and mismanagement. The return on investment would be significantly higher if they'd invested that money in the parks themselves by adding capacity. The experience wouldn't be suffering like it has been, they could fit MORE people into the parks, the resorts would be full, etc. etc.
I never said I agreed with it. But when have you known Disney to do anything other than that in the last 10 - 15 years?

Jeff4272

I am glad it works in Paris. On Monday, my second ride had 5 stops, the second practical effect did not happen, and the third practical effect was severely off-timed. Later, our MMRR also had a stop and then a really really weird screw-up in the Daisy room where there was no sound at all, Daisy was just looking at us, and we were shifting around. Great work, Orlando.

But, the last stop on Rat was amazing - the rat stirring the soup in the upper left looked like he was humping the pot, and his tail looked dangly and NASTY. My mother was laughing uncontrollably, and still is. So that's...something.
Rat went down for 2 hours on Tuesday from 5:30pm til 7:30pm

FOP went down 2x on us that same morning after waiting 220 minutes in line. We had to be removed from the rides vehicles 2x

TOT went down on Monday when we were in line

Jeff4272

When the stock starts suffering and people don’t get their distributions?
That’s the problem. If they put $ into the parks that’s what will happen. One of the largest shareholders and an activist investor named Dan Loeb who runs Third point capital hedge fund forced them to suspend their $3 billlion ( yea billion with a b) dividend last year and invest it into Disney + ever year instead

parks division isn’t getting better. It’s not a big money maker for them any more.

They don’t want to put money into it, they consider that a losing proposition

they should spin it off.

Jeff4272

Well, please feel free to contact Chapek and let him know you’re ordering 10+ rides, parades, eateries, and shows, to be ready within the next year to fix WDW. I’ll be waiting over here, figuring out G+… which is their solution right now, whether you like it or not.
Genie+ isn’t the solution

it’s terrible

It just makes them a sht ton of money

but negatively affects guest experience

ImperfectPixie

That’s the problem. If they put $ into the parks that’s what will happen. One of the largest shareholders and an activist investor named Dan Loeb who runs Third point capital hedge fund forced them to suspend their dividend last year and invest it into Disney +.

parks division isn’t getting better. It’s not a big money maker for them any more.

They don’t want to put money into it, they consider that a losing proposition

they should spin it off.

Disney+ is another problem. So far, it's a money pit, and they're focusing too much on Star Wars and Marvel...the shine will wear off of those sooner than later. They're also allowing way too much time between new show releases and not keeping people glued to Disney+ the way they should be.

bubbles1812

It seems as though we might be seeing the beginnings of that.
Yes, maybe, but as @Jeff4272 just pointed out… the dividends were suspended to encourage investment Disney+, not the parks. So this dream of mass capacity solving rides ect, still just seems like a pipe dream to me. Right now, that’s our reality. I don’t love it, but it’s still where we are.

EDIT: I’ve been on these forums going on 10 years and the same gripes from 10 years ago are pretty much the same today as then. Call me a cynic but I’m not convinced Disney is gonna change any time soon in regards to the parks. Not when they continue to mint money.

Jeff4272

Yes, maybe, but as @Jeff4272 just pointed out… the dividends were suspended to encourage investment Disney+, not the parks. So this dream of mass capacity solving rides ect, still just seems like a pipe dream to me. Right now, that’s our reality. I don’t love it, but it’s still are where we are.
There’s no new money goin go to the parks Unfortunately. Any investment into the company is going to content.

and they don’t have to. People keep going and paying more. Read their latest earnings report. Per person spending is up 30%.

parks are done.

stinks for parks people.

ImperfectPixie

There’s no new money goin go to the parks Unfortunately. Any investment into the company is going to content.

and they don’t have to. People keep going and paying more. Read their latest earnings report. Per person spending is up 30%.

parks are done.

stinks for parks people.
Just wait until the pent up demand from COVID has been burned through. They won't have excuses for bad experiences anymore.

bubbles1812

Genie+ isn’t the solution

it’s terrible

It just makes them a sht ton of money

but negatively affects guest experience
If it’s making them money and people continue to pay for it, they aren’t gonna get rid of it.

As for negatively affecting guest experience, your account has definitely been an interesting one to read about. I’ve been following it, and it has helped me think about when I might go to the parks in the future.

I experienced G+ the first week of November, and it probably overall enhanced my experience. As much as FP+? No. Absolutely not. But enough that it keep us moving and our waits to a relative minimum. I didn’t have issues with the sell outs and lack of availability the way you have.

Suggests G+ will be most useful at less busy times of the year, though that could have been said of FP+ too I suppose. I miss FP+ (especially the fact that it was free) but G+ was workable for our group of two.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom