Disney Fusion! Ultimate park/Sci-fi scenario

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
This is a cool idea I've had for a while for a park that could only exist in our minds: A all-encompassing park on Mars. But here's some basic back story to set this idea up:
July 17th 2X55: In recent years, after several manned expeditions to Mars, we actually found an alien civilization living underground, considering the thin atmosphere outside. The martians are mostly identical to humans save for a green color and large eyes and for years, they have observed out civilization and actually have great interest in our customs and pop culture. We came to a peaceful agreement and terraforming of the planet began, bringing life back to the surface of Mars and soon, human colonists and martians began to live in peace. One big project that they've been hoping for ages and seemed possible after the terraforming was a massive Disney theme park encompassing attractions throughout the Earth Disney parks through their X00 year history as well as some new and unused concepts. And so on the X00th anniversary of the opening of Disneyland in Anaheim, ground breaking began on this massive project rivaling Walt's Epcot and Dubai Land in size and glory located in the shadow of Olympus Mons, the extinct volcano that is the largest mountain in the solar system and already a popular tourist attraction.
So... I challenge ye to design the grandest park you can comprehend, with resorts actually within the lands of the park, which in themselves can be park sized. Walt said about WDW "Here we have something we never had in California, the blessing of size". A large chunk of the Western hemisphere of Mars ought to do it...

ImaginEAR

Hahaha... Great Concept!

I'm thinking...
Magic Kingdom Mars
Disney's Mars Adventure
DisneySpace
Disney's Alien Kingdom
Epcot (with Future World, and Planet Showcase!)
Marswood Studios

and More!

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
To get an idea of the size of a land, I'm going to use Adventureland as an example. Adventureland would include much of the content of a normal Adventureland, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, and both Lost River Delta and Arabian Coast from TDS. As you can infer, that's freaking huge. Such is the idea of Disney Fusion: A Magic Kingdom park that's like a brachiosaurus on steroids to the pont where the berm can't hold it all in and there would be transportation rides just to get to a land or into different parts of a land. A park where hotels are actually within the park as well as water parks. The whole Disney experience in one massive place.

stitchcastle

you can have the "mainstreet" of the place a combination of Downtown Disney and The Disney Village. Adventurealand would be the whole of Animal Kingdom, Tommorowland could be the whole FutureWorld. Each land is the size of entire theme parks. You could even put in all the resorts/hotels inside the entire park. I love this idea. I thought of something 'like' this in the past except it was more of a restructuring of the WDW resort. i love the idea of a super-theme park. like i said before, I love you Tahu.

ImaginEAR

Wellllll.... now that the size is taken care of, I have a question...

Are the buildings in Main Street/Fantasyland/Frontierland/etc. full scale? We certainly have the space to make them full scale.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I guess we can go ahead and make them full scale. It might help block out some of the stuff in surrounding lands (mountains or generally taller structures). We need to figure out how the melding of Main Street would work with Downtown Disney though we could easily make it like you are moving ahead through time. I think Frontierland will probably be a general America area of the park so that could be moved into the spot Adventureland would usually be. It would make it like Disneyland Paris then in a way. Well then, we got some of this stuff settled, think we can begin making this park that only some kinda powerful choral music be able to describe?

daoVinci

Man, think of the possibilities for thrill rides we can have since Mars' gravity as about 1/3 as strong as earth's.

Conversely, we'll need to design rides that give the Martians a taste of what life is like on Earth...(imagine living life at 3 Gs!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom