Disney Dollars - new paper ones - WHat to do??

swissamy

Original Poster
Hi friends - Today while cleaning closets we found an envelope with crisp new disney dollars. We have 2 five dollar bills and 2 ten dollar bills from 2008 commemorating Mickeys 80th birthday. I understand that paper dollars are no longer available (at least I think) so I don't want to use them at face value in the parks. Are these considered collectors items that are worth something and where? Thanks! :wave:

I sure wish they were worth something. I still have a $5 with Goofy on it in my collection. But if they were to have any real value past the face amount then it would be years and years from now. :)

sksowell

I'm sure years from now they will be worth something since they are no longer printed. If I still had some I would hang onto them just for the fun of it.

yensid67

Framed & Hanging!

I have 2-$1 from DL and 2-$1, $5 from WDW framed and hanging on my wall in my bedroom! All my memorabilia is in my bedroom, hanging proud! It reminds me each time I go to sleep and wake up that THAT is my happy place, the place where I was the most happiest! NO OTHER JOB in my life has been more meaningful to me than my roles at WDW! I will forever be reminded of the time when I worked for a Mouse!:ROFLOL:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Waaaaa?!?! 2 years ago I got a few for bookmarks whilst reading disney material....planned to get more this winter as I like them much. One cannot purchase these anymore?!?!

TheDisneyMagic

Yup still available but the current ones being used have been in circulation for a few years now. I have spoken to guest relations a few times asking about any special ones being released for the 40th but they haven't had anything confirmed yet.

Their suggestion was to ask and write frequently to get in on the radar.

CaptainShortty

They are still available but in MUCH smaller quantities than they used to. I don't really think they're printing more but they float around Disney property from time to time and you can get some that way. We had a handful when I worked at DAKL but it was always a search in all the cashier drawers to find them. Likewise, they are still accepted anywhere that they previously were. IMO, they're starting to become collectors items so hang onto them and see what happens in the next 10-20 years. They may really become a collectors item.

lbrad

I ahve a few $1 ... wish I would have saved more of them BUT when I'm in Disney I tend to spend :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom