News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

dmw

In the Parks
No
We're at Great Wolf Lodge this week and they have an interesting dining "plan". If you pre-purchase dining credits prior to arrival, you can save. They have three options. We chose the pay $170 for $200 credit, but they have lesser amounts. And, you can purchase multiple quantities of the plans.

The plan credits are good at any food location. Just charge the food to the room (via wrist band) and the food is paid with the credits. Their app lets you keep track of how much you have spent and what is left, and the details of what you spent at each location. There is no discount on the food itself, just a discount on the prepay amount. And, it is a "use it or lose it" system.

I really like this system. We don't have to choose from a sit down service, quick service, snack, etc. We can order whatever, whenever, from where-ever, until the credits are used up.

Ayla

We're at Great Wolf Lodge this week and they have an interesting dining "plan". If you pre-purchase dining credits prior to arrival, you can save. They have three options. We chose the pay $170 for $200 credit, but they have lesser amounts. And, you can purchase multiple quantities of the plans.

The plan credits are good at any food location. Just charge the food to the room (via wrist band) and the food is paid with the credits. Their app lets you keep track of how much you have spent and what is left, and the details of what you spent at each location. There is no discount on the food itself, just a discount on the prepay amount. And, it is a "use it or lose it" system.

I really like this system. We don't have to choose from a sit down service, quick service, snack, etc. We can order whatever, whenever, from where-ever, until the credits are used up.
I am guessing you aren't spending $200+ on one sit down meal, either, like you would at WDW. That sounds like a much easier, better organized and less hassle system than the WDW DP.

TheMaxRebo

I definitely would welcome som thing like this vs the current plans as the structure of them really doesn't fit. Even beyond having credits for anTS and QS for every day, sometimes we just want a bunch of apps o share things, etc

Something that gives more flexibility to "what" you order as much as "where" would b welcome by us

Plus then we aren't paying for something that value comes from having an alcoholic drink included for my 14 and 11 year olds who can't get an alcoholic drink

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Something so simple and easy to use, plus something that was offering TRUE VALUE to guests, would NEVER work at WDW. Nope. Couldn't happen. Never. Ever. I'm sure Bob ordered multiple research projects and focus groups and they came to the conclusion this would never fly because guests DEMAND what Disney gives them. :rolleyes:

lewisc

Something so simple and easy to use, plus something that was offering TRUE VALUE to guests, would NEVER work at WDW. Nope. Couldn't happen. Never. Ever. I'm sure Bob ordered multiple research projects and focus groups and they came to the conclusion this would never fly because guests DEMAND what Disney gives them. :rolleyes:
The system Disney had before DDP was similar to this. You prepaid a discounted dollar amount

dmw

In the Parks
No
I am guessing you aren't spending $200+ on one sit down meal, either, like you would at WDW. That sounds like a much easier, better organized and less hassle system than the WDW DP.
They do have one somewhat pricey sit down restaurant on site. Adult entrees mostly in the $20-40 range, not including drinks. But, since you can buy multiple quantities of the dining plan, you can have as much dining credit as you feel you can spend.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has confirmed Dining Plan credits will be available to use for Fantasmic! Dining Packages.

Here are the details:

Dining Plans
The Disney Dining Plan can be used for Fantasmic! Dining Packages
  • 1 Table-Service meal will be redeemed from the dining plan for each person dining at:
    • 50's Prime Time Café
    • Hollywood & Vine
    • Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
    • Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
  • 2 Table-Service meals will be redeemed from the dining plan for each person dining at The Hollywood Brown Derby

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I'm sure "guest surveys" told them they don't want to simplify things too just like they say everyone loves G+ and it's a huge success

bmr1591

I'm sure "guest surveys" told them they don't want to simplify things too just like they say everyone loves G+ and it's a huge success

From their public statements, they’ve acknowledged the opposite of this for Genie+ and have said changes are coming to the service in early 2024, including some system where you can do some of the planning early.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
From their public statements, they’ve acknowledged the opposite of this for Genie+ and have said changes are coming to the service in early 2024, including some system where you can do some of the planning early.

I’m gonna go out on limb and say there actually is no way to “fix” it…
Without pulling a “lever” that will not be received well.

I know…shocking from an “optimist” like me 🤐

dmw

In the Parks
No
"Surveys show guests like x/y/z..."
I wonder how many guests actually like the service. Is is a majority of responders, or did just a few express positive responses, etc.? Or, do guests like the service better than no service? Or could the survey questions worded in such a way that most responses will end up being positive? Surveys and stats are just way too easy to manipulate and spin... I was shocked to learn in college how surveys work and are frequently used as tools to communicate a desired message, and not really get feedback.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Surveys show guests like x/y/z..."
I wonder how many guests actually like the service. Is is a majority of responders, or did just a few express positive responses, etc.? Or, do guests like the service better than no service? Or could the survey questions worded in such a way that most responses will end up being positive? Surveys and stats are just way too easy to manipulate and spin... I was shocked to learn in college how surveys work and are frequently used as tools to communicate a desired message, and not really get feedback.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom