Disney Dining Experience

WEDisney

Original Poster
Does any know anything about the Disney Dining Experience for AP holders?
The current price for AP holders is $60.00 plus $25.00 for a spouse.
~Does that mean both of us need to have it for each of us to get the discounts?
Also is each restaurant a 20% savings? If so I would only need to eat in about 8 Disney restaurants to make the money back. Am I right about this? I just wanted to hear from someone who knows :).
Thanks to all who reply

PrinceDon

a little info

Here is what I remember - The DDE card is good for you and up to 9 guests so you only need the single card. When we bought it last year the 2nd one was free, but we never used it. It is always 20%, including drinks, but I don't remember if there were any restaurants excluded from the list. If you eat at sit-downs you will save money. I am sure someone else will respond shortly with more details.
Have a Blast!

Floridasunshine

There really is no need for a separate card, unless you plan to be split up at Disney World (like only one of you go at a time, or one golfing while one shops). If you two are together, there is no need for a second card.

Basically, to get back your $60, your purchases would have to total more than $300 (for one card), or $425 (if you get two cards).

Keep in mind that the discount covers alcholic drinks where it is accepted, so if you drink, then it adds up quickly. Even if not, two or three table service meals will get you back in the black ...

There ARE some restaurants that are excluded, for example, they did not accept it at Teppanyaki last Saturday. So make sure you refer to the covered restaurant listing before making reservations...

jasonk

I think getting your money back depends on how many people are in your party, and how often you plan on using the card. If it is only the two of you, and you only use the card two or three times, then of course it will take longer to get your money out of the card. For me, I recently got back from a trip in march with four adults and two children. Our discount was around $20 each meal (crystal palace, chef micky's and liberty tree tavern). I am going back May 30-June 6, and will again dine at the above three places. i think the card is well worth it.

Floridasunshine

jasonk said:
I think getting your money back depends on how many people are in your party, and how often you plan on using the card. If it is only the two of you, and you only use the card two or three times, then of course it will take longer to get your money out of the card. For me, I recently got back from a trip in march with four adults and two children. Our discount was around $20 each meal (crystal palace, chef micky's and liberty tree tavern). I am going back May 30-June 6, and will again dine at the above three places. i think the card is well worth it.

Well, the magic $ figure is $300 (300.00 x 20%=$60) ... so no matter how many are in your party, once you spend $300 and get the 20% discount, you will come out ahead.

(Note: The Florida resident DDE card costs more at $85, so you'd have to spend $425... $425 x 20%=$85)

nicholas

When I joined, it was only 50 dollars, and I paid off the card with ONE meal at Coral Reef when I went with my family. So, yeah, you pay it off very quickly.

Frosty466

For this year's trip we are going to become AP-holders for the discount in the room reservations. Is the DDE something that is automaticly offered or do you have to ask for it? Also, how much do they cost now, $60.00? Or has the Mouse raised the price on that too?

WEDisney

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. We will be down there for 17 nights and staying at the Poly so we will be eating almost entirely at Disney restaurants so I am sure I will be able to hit $300.00 on meals in about two days LOL. Thanks for letting me know I only need the one card, the spouse card threw me off. Thanks again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom