Disney Dining Experience Update

WDWRLD

Original Poster
I FINALLY got my Disney Dining Experience card yesterday but when I opened it there was only 1 card. When I ordered it I was told that you also got one for a spouse or family member. I called and actually talked to someone other than Rosa. He said he didnt know what happened but he would send out a card which should take 3 to 4 weeks. I asked if the 3 or 4 weeks was going to turn into over 2 months that my card took and he said they have added more staff to handle demand. Anyhow ill look for my card nid summer (HAHA)

figmentfan

I am having the same problem. I have been a member for 3 years, and I put my renewal in on March 21, 2005, and here it is May 4.....................no card yet!

I had to use my old card in April when I went, luckly nobody saw it was expired.

I think the problem is that Dining Experience was for Passholders or Florida residents only, and now Disney has opened it up for any Florida Resident or any passholder regardless if they are FL res. or not. So the demand on the cards is greater than pass years.

Thorphin

What I don't understand is why they make these dining plans so confusing... does anyone know if the Disney Dining Experience works for DVC members? Apparently, DVC members aren't eligible for the Disney Dining Plan, but if we have no dining options at all, it'll be disappointing...

Anyone? :veryconfu

Moustronaut

Thorphin said:
What I don't understand is why they make these dining plans so confusing... does anyone know if the Disney Dining Experience works for DVC members? Apparently, DVC members aren't eligible for the Disney Dining Plan, but if we have no dining options at all, it'll be disappointing...

Anyone? :veryconfu

There are really just two dining plans (3 if you want to count the platinum plan). One is the dining add on to the magic your way ticket and resort plans... fixed daily menu options at limited restaurants. The other is the disney dining experience offered to florida residents and now AP holders... 20% of your meal at almost any sit down restaurnats.

DVC members don't have an dining option directly. DVC members can get a 25% discount on an AP, and since youve got to get park tickets somehow, you could easily take advantge of a DDE membership.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I love the DDE. Sure it was a hassle to get the card but I used the conformation letter without any problems. With 3 kids the bills for food climb up to outrageous real quick and being able to take 20% off the top really helps.

Thorphin

Moustronaut said:
DVC members don't have an dining option directly. DVC members can get a 25% discount on an AP, and since youve got to get park tickets somehow, you could easily take advantge of a DDE membership.

Thanks for the reply... I had that very same thought about buying an AP, but since we'll only be to WDW once this year, it translates to having to spend $70 per person per day at the discounted restaurants, just to recover the additional cost of bumping up to AP from Magic Your Way. So, it looks like, for the first time, we'll be shelling out our credit card, and doing it for full price, whenever we eat. Bah. But, I suppose there are worse things in life... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom