Disney December Events Question

ArielCCupShells

Hey all, My GF and I are heading down to Disney World Dec 2-9 and I was wondering what goes on around that time. I know MVMCP but I cant find tickets for it. We also want to go see La Nouba but I cant find tickets for that either! So basically what I'm asking is, Am I too early to buy tickets for these event and What else is there to do during that time of the year? Thanks!

decbysteph

Hi! We are also going in early December for our first trip to WDW! Since I've never been there, I'm certainly no expert, but I believe you can't order tickets for MVMCP until 120 days before you want to attend. ?? It was my understanding that La Nuba could be reserved up to 1 yr before though. I am waiting for the Disney schedule to come out for December, which it looks like it won't be availble for 2-3 months yet!! I'm an obsessive planner, so I'm having a hard time waiting!! Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If I remember correctly MVMCP were available around June of last year so I would expect them to be available about the same time this year. You should be able to purchase La Nouba tickets now but it looks like the on-line ticket purchase is down at the moment. If you call Disney directly you should be able to purchase tickets.
Another Christmas event that you will want to see is the Candle light processional. This is free with Epcot admission however they do sell a dinning package that will guarantee you seating. In the past the dinning package was not really necessary but that changed last year. Last year during the second week of December I saw standby lines for the CP that stretched for more than 200 feet, so I would highly recommend getting the dinning package if you want so see the CP.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
decbysteph said:
I haven't heard about the dining package for the Candlelight processional! How can I get more info on that?!!
Info should come out about the same time as MVMCP dates are announced. If I am not mistaken there are 3 levels to the Dinning package. The more you spend the nicer the restaurant you get to eat at. We did the lowest end and that put us at the Garden Grill at the land. In a nut shell you get dinner and a preferred seating pass for the CP. The price is in line with what you would already spend on dinner anyway so it is a really good deal IMHO. It won't guarantee you a particular seat but it will guarantee you "a" seat so you will still want to get in line early for a better seat. You will want to purchase early so you can get the restaurant you desire. The thing about the CP is seating is very limited and Disney will sell Dinning packages until every seat is filled. During the peak season (and the off season based on last year) it is very possible for there to be no standby seating available for the CP.

Upvote 0

decbysteph

Can you use the Dining Plan for any of the package dinners for the CandleLight Processional?? I looked at some different sites for that info, and haven't found anything out. Anyone know??

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

decbysteph said:
Can you use the Dining Plan for any of the package dinners for the CandleLight Processional?? I looked at some different sites for that info, and haven't found anything out. Anyone know??
Yes, we used our DP last December for the Candlelight Processional dinner package and for Biergarten, it was a single table service.

Edit: I think only the Coral Reef counts as 2 table service meals since it is a "signature" meal.

Upvote 0

cbr_princess

FYI: Tickets for La Nouba do not go on sale until 6 months out and they are available through a sep. CDS site. Also, the troupe usually goes dark (is shut down) for the majority of December. We saw one of their final performances before NYE in early December 2004. Would highly recommend this show if you can get tickets. Also recommend MVMCP; tickets for that should go on sale (telephone orders only) in early May. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom