Disney Day at University Central Florida

Spectroman2003

Original Poster
Greetings all from Orlando. Tonight I attended the University of Central Florida football game. It was the first home game as well as the 3rd anniversary of 9/11. There was something very special planned for the crowd. Upon entering the stadium, I looked back behind me to find Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip and Dale walking towards me. They walked away to somewhere in the stadium. When the game started, the Voices of Liberty were introduced to sing the national anthem. Service guards were honored by the marching band and 2 old fighter jets flew over after the national anthem. Then at halftime, the Voices of Liberty and the charcters joined the marching band for a special magical gathering and tribute to those lost on 9/11 as well as those service men and women. At the end they sang "When You Wish Upon a Star" as Mickey and Minnie game running onto the field in a football player outfit and a cheerleading outfit. It was cool. Then fireworks happened in the grand finale. It was very magical for me as a Disney lover and a fellow character. Just thought you guys would be interested.

Sir Hiss527

I was there as well... :D

It was actually pretty cool to see the Disney characters walk-around, and see the Voices of Liberty on 9/11. It truly was magical. Heck, I guess you could say I was at Disney today. They even had the guy that does the 'Magical Gatherings' saying in the parks..Good times.

It was good to see someone from my church play football for UCF, Kyle Israel..great job!

nikimsu2002

That sounds really cool!

I wish they did something like that up here at Michigan State (not that the Spartan Marching Band isn't cool cuz they are and I have friends in the band). Yesterday the entire halftime show was patriotic music played by 300 SMB members and 300 Band Alums (including my uncle and high school band director!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom