Disney Cuts Profit After Movie Flop

tmp

I was literally just reading this on iwon.com. Do you think this might be the death of animation as we know it or did the success of "Lilo and Stitch" hold that off for a while?

Worldphile

Original Poster
I read somewhere that only one in ten Hollywood movies shows a profit.

So, I don't think one bad release will stop Disney from releasing more animated features. Besides, "Shrek" proved that there is still an audience for animated features with the right story.

I just think Disney needs to find better stories for the movies.

tmp

I know they won't stop releasing animated films. I just mean more of the hand-drawn animation as supposed to the computer generated films (Toy Story, Monster Inc.)

WDWspider

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Its got such a tough act to follow - Lilo and Stitch - a surprise success

I still think Disney will rebound with Bears, that looks like a Wilderness Lion King, and we all know how great Lion King was... they just need to discontinue the Action Animation genre they've started.

MicBat

Originally posted by spider-man
they just need to discontinue the Action Animation genre they've started.

Exactly what I was thinking. You'd think after looking at the "success" (or unsuccess - if that's a word) of past action animation films (ie "Dinosaur," "Atlantis," and even as far back as "The Black Cauldron"), they'd stick to the "fantasy-type" films that have put them where they are today (ie "Beauty and the Beast" "Snow White," "Aladdin.")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom