Pre-Trip Disney Cruising Close To Home

So with 2 sleeps to go, barely any packing done and excitement bubbling over, I thought I would share my upcoming Disney cruise with you all.

I did write a trip report a long, long time ago in the before times (January 2020) about running the Dopey challenge during marathon weekend and going on a Bahamas cruise. I didn’t quite finish this (apologies), but hopefully I’ll be better this time.

That was the last time my family took any kind of Disney related trip, and we really miss the parks and are hoping to get back there in the next few years. But the Disney Dream is sailing from Southampton at the moment and we’re in the UK just 2 hours drive away.

It will be just me, Sharon, and my 2 youngest daughters Alice(17) and Lexi(15) on this trip. This is us on our last visit to Castaway Cay.
B38B3FA1-6FDA-4C09-B9A8-D521DD6C09B5.jpeg

So the details are:

5 night cruise from Southampton to Spain

Tuesday August 27th: Sail from Southampton
Wednesday August 28th: At sea
Thursday August 29th: La Coruña, Spain
Friday August 3Oth: Vigo, Spain
Saturday August 31st: Another sea day
Then back to Southampton on 1st September

It’s a pretty short trip for us, we’re used to doing longer 2-3 week trips, but hopefully this will give us a little bit of the Disney magic that we’ve been missing.

Piglet_the_brave

Original Poster
This trip was a very last minute booking. It was Lexi’s birthday on the 7th August and the night before my husband was joking around with her and asking if there were any extra presents she wanted. The answer to that question from any of us is always Disney. I’d been on the cruise line website and had mentioned that it was quite a good deal if you let them pick the stateroom for you. He started looking and was progressing through the booking pages, but I really didn’t think he was serious. It was only when he told me to check my email that I actually believed he’d booked it for us. There were lots of screams of excitement, and happy tears from me.

Piglet_the_brave

Original Poster
coming from the UK as well it will be interesting to see what it’s like on a DisneyCruise from here. Have a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Thank you.

It’s my first time cruising from this country. I’ve only ever cruised from Port Canaveral as part of a Disney trip before, and used their transport and luggage service. So it’s all a bit new and I’m slightly nervous about it. But very excited

Piglet_the_brave

Original Poster
Have a great trip. We just got off the back to back Spain cruises today.
If you have a server named PJ you are in for a treat as he was amazing.
How did you enjoy the overall cruise experience? We had a mostly lovely time but it was definitely very different from our previous cruises.

I hope to start the trip report in the next few days, after I get my land legs back.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
How did you enjoy the overall cruise experience? We had a mostly lovely time but it was definitely very different from our previous cruises.

I hope to start the trip report in the next few days, after I get my land legs back.
Overall both cruises were fantastic. The pool deck was absolute mayhem on sea days both times but as we aren't pool people and have no kids it didn't impact us.
Just sorted the placeholder for our next one.

Piglet_the_brave

Original Poster
Overall both cruises were fantastic. The pool deck was absolute mayhem on sea days both times but as we aren't pool people and have no kids it didn't impact us.
Just sorted the placeholder for our next one.
Glad you had a great time. I have kids and on 6 cruises have never spent time in the main pool area. The family hot tub this time was 🤢

Got to get that placeholder booked. We didn’t after our first cruise and regretted it

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Glad you had a great time. I have kids and on 6 cruises have never spent time in the main pool area. The family hot tub this time was 🤢

Got to get that placeholder booked. We didn’t after our first cruise and regretted it
Yeah the family hot tub made a sardines tin feel spacious ...
Thankfully we have always booked a PH.
Thinking about the '26 British isles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom