Disney Cruise Line Simulated Test Sailings

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Message from Thomas Mazloum, President, Disney Signature Experiences:

I have some great news to share, team.

We received word that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise in advance of resuming normal operations.

This is a critically important milestone for Disney Cruise Line – and I want to thank everyone who has been supporting our return-to-service plans with such dedication and hard work.

We now have the green light to conduct our two-night simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream from June 29 to July 1, sailing from Port Canaveral. The ship will sail with volunteer passengers and test our newly developed health and safety protocols, which have been meticulously tailored to the current public health environment. All of these protocols are essential to cruising responsibly, and Disney Cruise Line couldn’t be more committed to making vacation dreams come true as it prioritizes the wellbeing of all who step aboard our ships.

Today, as we move closer to restarting our U.S. cruises, I want to spotlight the tremendous resilience and positivity of the team. Your collaboration and continued enthusiasm throughout the pandemic have been nothing short of amazing, as we’ve researched, drafted, revised and refined our comprehensive roadmap for cruising again. It has been no small feat – and I’m extremely proud of everyone.

We will continue to evaluate our health and safety protocols, working closely with the CDC, and make adjustments as we work toward a full resumption of cruising. In the meantime, we can all take pride in the approval of our application with the CDC – a milestone that reflects the incredible talents of our entire team.”

ToTBellHop

What lottery system is being used to select the "volunteers"?
1622596174705.gif

castlecake2.0

But...I volunteered as tribute...

so does every single person anytime I use my discount and I get asked the dreaded “where do you make maaaaaaagicccccccccc?”

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Disney Cruise Line had to delay plans to perform a test sailing of Disney Dream from Port Canaveral because of COVID-19 test results.

The ship was set to perform a two-night sailing leaving Tuesday as part of the line’s efforts to receive a conditional sailing certificate from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

An official statement from the cruise line said because of inconsistent test results submitted before sailing, it will have to push the attempt to a later date."

“We are delaying our simulation cruise due to a small number of inconsistent COVID-19 test results, which are considered positive by the CDC,” according to the statement. “The rigorous health and safety protocols we have in place helped us identify the situation, though the test results were ultimately negative.”

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Departing tomorrow!

"Disney Cruise Line is ready once again to get its ships underway from Florida after a COVID-19 test result forced a delay of a planned simulated sailing from Port Canaveral.

Now with a Saturday departure, Disney Dream will become the first cruise ship sailing with “passengers” from the Orlando area port in more than 16 months, the cruise line confirmed. The passengers, though, are all volunteer Disney employees, sailing for free as part of a required test voyage in order to get a conditional sailing certificate from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

"Now, Disney Dream will sail with about 300 people, which is more than the required 10% capacity, in an effort to get the OK from the CDC to sail with paying customers. Disney Dream is still listed with an Aug. 9 sailing date on the company’s website with a four-night trip to the Bahamas. The Saturday sailing is headed to the line’s private island Castaway Cay and returning Monday. The ship will sail away from Port Canaveral around 4 p.m., according to port officials.

Its sister ship, Disney Fantasy, is slated for a test sailing from Port Canaveral from Aug. 12-14, according to the cruise line. . On DCL’s website, Fantasy’s first revenue sailing is a seven-night voyage departing Sept. 4."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom