disney credit card worth it??

MarvelCharacterNerd

If you shop a lot with/at Disney, the rewards dollars are great.

That said, Congress is currently trying to pass a bill that may disincentivize credit card companies from any kind of rewards programs.

Apparently it failed to pass the first time, but they plan to reintroduce it this year to try to get it to pass.

If that happens and no cards provide any kind of extra bonus value, then the only 'benefit' would be the design on the card.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It's nice to have, but we don't use our Disney VISA much except at onsite restaurants that offer a discount with it.

Instead, we charge just about everything on a Jetblue Mastercard that has a $100 annual fee (never any interest - we charge only what we can afford and pay it off in full every month), but earns us enough rewards points annually to purchase $1200-$1600 worth in flights. We haven’t paid actual money for airfare to Orlando (or the other places we fly) more than once in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

You can get other cards that give you better returns and benefits. We have a Dis visa that we utilize for our Dis vacations along with other cards. It’s a personal decision as some will tell you it’s not as beneficial as other programs. Dis does give you the character M&G s that are reserved for Dis Visa holders and other Dis related perks. Some Dis benefits keep us having the card in our wallets. We pay off immediately so it’s not a card that differs much to us as others.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

We use it to pay AP with awards.

Worth is subject .

This is what I do too; though it's just "my" AP and not "ours". I have the base card (not the premier with higher ROR for Disney) and I use it as my primary payment method within my budget with paying it off each pay period (so essentially 2x a billing cycle). This is the first year I think I'll "break even" w/ the AP cost where it will wipe out my rewards balance. In the past I had bonuses that upped my rewards balance, and the space between renewals that helped the $$ accumulate.

I know there's other cards out there that would probably give me higher "cash back" but it's nice having this as a set aside for the specific cost (AP)

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was just wondering if the Disney credit card was worth it? Was hoping everyone could tell me why or why not.
Not really. The Capital One Savor card has a better earning rate than the Disney visa on Disney expenses (4% vs 3%).

Upvote 0

LeighM

I only use the non annual fee for Disney perks such as vacation package with no interest for 6 months, special room/packages discounts available for members, and dining discounts at select locations. The merchandise discount really doesn't make a big difference but we were able to save money this last trip by eating at the places that offered the Disney Visa discount. If any of your friends currently have a Disney Visa, they can give you a referral code that gives you a better statement credit than what is offered to the public. That offer changes often though. I was able to give one friend a one time statement credit that automatically saved her $200 from her total cost but another friend months later only got $150 🤷‍♀️ I don't know what the current offer is though.

Upvote 0

heapster411

I use mine for that 10% discount at dining @ the parks. Plus, the reward dollars let me go nuts @ the Holiday Kitchens on my last trip. Nothing tastes better than free food. I know it's not really free, but I can imagine, right?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom